Filter Alarm

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Dream Tank version. New owners post your impressions of your Dream T - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
GooseVR1

Filter Alarm

Post by GooseVR1 »

Just wondering about the "filter" setting on the Dream T; I thought the default setting was 27 gallons if you clicked this option on (per the manual on CCS.

When I went into the filter menu to reset it, it looked like it was defaulted to 3 gallons. I couldn't figure out how to change it.

Anyone know?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357618796.846660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357618796.846660.jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 9116 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357618811.615200.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357618811.615200.jpg (38.8 KiB) Viewed 9116 times
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Filter Alarm

Post by chas »

Where did you get the 27 gallons is the default? I don't see any default listed. On my machine this feature came up as disabled. When I changed the feature to "On" I got the screen below which came up with 1000l first since I am running in metric mode. However, I switched to "American" mode and the options are 125, 250, 500, or 1250 gallons.
Filter.JPG
Filter.JPG (96.26 KiB) Viewed 9092 times
I think when you are in counter mode as shown on your 2nd photo, you press the down arrow once, then the Menu button to switch to Set mode. Then use the arrow keys to pick which of the four options you want and press Menu again to save it.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
GooseVR1

Post by GooseVR1 »

Chas,

Version 4 of the Dream T's user manual on CCS said by default it was 27 gallons - its on page 9:
http://www.chriscoffee.com/files/124/S1 ... TankR4.pdf

I then tried to go back into the filter menu but I couldn't make any changes. Interesting part is that today it now says 22 gallons, not 3. Of course I can't change it.

You can see for yourself in the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A69zCB6WdUA

Software issue maybe?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

LaSpaz must assume on the "T" that you are using one of those small in-tank filters whereas on the Plumbed model they assume you are using external 10" cartridges. I'm still not sure why it can't be reset unless it is a T specific bug. Hopefully when it gets to zero you can reset it but that will be a while. For your issues it also sounds like when you initially reports that the display was set to 3 it really should have bee 23, perhaps. Of course, if it is alarming a 3 gallons rather than waiting until it hits zero, this is either a bug or if they've decided to trigger a warning on this or any of the other counters BEFORE they actually reach their terminal count, it needs to be documented.

So I guess this is the place to ask other "T" owners if they can confirm that the filter value can't be changed. The manual certainly indicates that it should be user resettable.

I've been gathering issues from posts on the S1Cafe and from my own experience, I think they all equally apply to both models. At some point I should post my list so that "T" owners can't confirm things work the same way there. It is probably a stretch to assume that common functions necessarily work the same on both models. I guess it depends on whether the SW coders have designed common modules for common functions or whether they are working off separate code bases for each model.

BTW: I checked page 9 on my copy of the manual and still didn't see a reference to 27 gallons so I checked the CCS website and discovered that my copy was two revs behind. I did find it in the newest version.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I guess the other minor issue with your Alarm screenshot is the word Filtro instead of Filter. Looks like the Italians missed one. I am currently using mine in Italian mode so that I can get 24 hour time since the Home screen On/Off next event time shows 12 hour time w/o the AM or PM for either American or British English. Italian mode gives you 24 hour time so I get an unambiguous On/Off and Time of Day indication.

In Italian mode I see even more instances where they show the English word instead of Italian for several items. However, I doubt CCS cares much about translation goofs in Italian mode.
GooseVR1 wrote:Just wondering about the "filter" setting on the Dream T; I thought the default setting was 27 gallons if you clicked this option on (per the manual on CCS.

When I went into the filter menu to reset it, it looked like it was defaulted to 3 gallons. I couldn't figure out how to change it.

Anyone know?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357618796.846660.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357618811.615200.jpg
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Dream T General Q&A”