Dreamless In Florida

General questions, comments, and discussions about the Plumbed Dream machine. New owners post your impressions of your Dream - likes, dislikes, and any other comments.
Maotoying

Dreamless In Florida

Post by Maotoying »

Close to purchasing the La Spaziale S1 Dream. Been a lurker, not a player. This forum has documented issues with early S1 Dreams. Is the current batch of S1 Dreams corrected, those now shipping ready for us who prefer a hassle free appliance rather than the bleeding edge of espresso tech?

Where I am coming from: Before the Vivaldi I, I owned a Giotto ECM for about five years and sold it to buy the Vivaldi. I purchased a Mini Mazer early in my Giotto era and it just keeps on grinding. I have burnt up many a popcorn popper roasting beans? Now I have a Behmor 1600.

My original Vivaldi I has been a great hassle free appliance. Reviewing Chris Coffee web site yesterday I came across the "Dream" - the new feature list makes it seem to be a dream. I came down with Upgradeitus. Buy the Dream and sell the Vivaldi I? Or wait for the next Dream?

Second opinions please before I leave loved proven, solid technology of the Vivaldi I. Or, am I passing up the opportunity to move further along the asymptote of espresso perfection.
Ch83

Re: Dreamless In Florida

Post by Ch83 »

I have only had mine for a few days so I can't really give a solid opinion on extended use. So far, the machine has met my expectations.

I do have a couple oddities that I need to possibly work out but the shot and steam performance have been excellent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Maotoying

Post by Maotoying »

I have ordered the La Spaziale Dream, plumbed in version.
Very excited.

I will be selling my La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi I. Original owner
bobbytuck

Post by bobbytuck »

I've had my S1 Dream T for about a month now. Previously, I've used a Silvia and a Isomac Amica that I PID'd myself. The Isomac was a great machine until the pump gave out. I ended up getting a Dream T instead of replacing the pump (still might at some point).

I've had only 1 issue with the dream: the flow button (forget the exact name -- but it's the center button that allows you to press once to start a shot, and then press again to stop a shot) wouldn't turn off several times. It started fine with the first press, but the second press simply clicked -- and the flow kept going. I ended up powering off the entire machine to get it to stop. This happened maybe 3 or 4 times.

I backflush with water weekly, and I've backflushed with cleaner once (right after the flow button incident) since I've had the machine. Since then -- about a week ago -- the button seems to work fine. I'm not sure what might have happened -- a solenoid maybe that's not functioning? -- I don't know. But it seems fine now.

I noticed that it happened right as the water boiler was refilling -- so maybe that was the issue. I've got the Dream on a 20amp circuit and was running both boilers when I had the issues. As I say, they happened several times within the span of a couple days -- but after I backflushed -- it hasn't happened since. No idea if it's serious or not. (I really don't want to send this thing back -- but I will if it happens several more times.)

Other than that, the machine has been fantastic.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If you were hearing the solenoid click, something must have been blocking the valve from closing all the way. It sounds like your last backflush cleaned it out. With luck that will be the end of it.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Maotoying

Post by Maotoying »

The S1 Dream has landed. My house, yesterday (Friday). Delayed a day in transit because of ice and snow between FL and NY.

S1Dream. Fantastic machine. New black and glitter panels match my coffee bar counter very nice. I was tempted to go red. Pulled great espresso shots from the first, using Chris' bench settings. Need to learn more before I change the programming.

Coming from the first generation La Spaziale Vivaldi S1, I say I am accustomed to its face. Not a bad looking appliance. Indeed, IMO, strikingly good looking.

Today(Saturday) I dropped off my trusty toto espresso machine, La Spaziale Vivaldi S1, at UPS. I am shipping it for bench testing and any needed adjustments to ChrisCoffee. After ChrisCoffee done with their work, I will put my La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 up for sale here, CoffeeGeek, and eBay. So if interested, send me a PM. So, my Vivaldi I will have a PPI (pre purchase inspection) as is recommended when buying a high end resale car.
Maotoying

Post by Maotoying »

Ch83 wrote:I have only had mine for a few days so I can't really give a solid opinion on extended use. So far, the machine has met my expectations. ...
I do have a couple oddities that I need to possibly work out but the shot and steam performance have been excellent.
I am impressed. Thought my La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi 1 would be my last espresso machine. Told my wife that too when I bought it. ;) It would have been, and could have been, except for the Dream. The Vivaldi was excellent; nothing wrong with its steaming or shot performance. Then along came the Dream.

What is so good about the La Spaziale S1 Dream? Information feedback. Once in information is available begins the insatiable need for more information. More information which would be delivered by an App on the event-by-event readings of the Dream, and the ability to enter comments into the app. Since the Dream is upgradable, I expect this in time will be either an upgrade from ChrisCoffee, or an indie if Chris does not do it.

So, IMO, the Vivaldi 1 and the Dream are both excellent machines. The Dream is the tweaker and technophile dream machine, while the Vivaldi 1 just produces excellent espresso and steam.

Return to “Dream General Q&A”