Mini II 2nd Hand Buy Issues

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
oliver

Mini II 2nd Hand Buy Issues

Post by oliver »

Hi Guys,

Coffee newbie here - I recently purchased a mini 2 second hand which I have now found out was sitting idle for possibly a year before I picked it up.

I have fired up the machine and have started the process of cleaning the unit up to get it working again but have run into a few issues.

First off -

No hot water from the hot water tap, I saw this thread viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2105 which seems like a similar issues. my question is does anyone have labelled photos of the mini that would help me if I was to go try and clean the solenoid? how different is the S1 internals to the mini?

secondly -

When I start the machine up, the two boilers pressure up to ~1.3 bar and 9 bar as usual - however if I press the hot water button the pressure on the main boiler drops to about 4 bar. any ideas what's happening here?

Should I just a professional to service the machine first up?

thanks in advance :)
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Mini II 2nd Hand Buy Issues

Post by chas »

I don't own a mini so I can help you with photos. However, the pressure of the brew boiler is meaningless unless you are pulling a shot. If it's 9bar when pulling a shot, it doesn't really matter what it reads at any other time.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”