Buttons Not Functioning!

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
nakedian

Buttons Not Functioning!

Post by nakedian »

I have a strange problem I don't see listed here. I can get my Vivaldi S2 Mini to heat up, but then the buttons don't work other than the on/off and hot water buttons. I can even get it in to program mode, and I can get the pump to prime (hot water/On-Off for 3 sec). Neither shot button seems to work and I can't turn the boiler back off. I put a video on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kgsyet3uAY
Anybody have any idea what this is? Do I need new buttons, a control panel or what?

Thanks in Advance -Ian
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Buttons Not Functioning!

Post by chas »

My only comment based on watching your video is that you typically have to hold the shot buttons in for 0.5-1s before the press "takes" and the solenoids kick in. You did not seem to be be pressing the buttons that long. On the other hand that is probably not the issue. Others have had a problem with their buttons and were able to remove the panel and either clean the back of the buttons or put a small piece of aluminum foil under the buttons to get a better connection. You should be able to use the Forum Search feature to find those threads.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
nakedian

Re: Buttons Not Functioning!

Post by nakedian »

Thanks Chas... wonder if that is it.. it all just went suddenly so I'm afraid it's a little more serious. True buttons take a bit to kick in, but I realize that and have certainly held them down also. Have an email in to Clive, waiting to hear back.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”