No Steam from steam valve

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
shrewd1
Cappuccino

No Steam from steam valve

Post by shrewd1 »

I was wondering if anybody knows or has any instuctions on how to dissamble and clean the steam valve assembly.

I recently bought a used vivaldi 2 from a closing restaurant and the machine was badly scaled and blocked and as a result as there was no water or steam coming out of the machine.

The restaraunt had removed the actual steam wand from the steam valve assembly as they didn't want the option of steaming milk available because they only wanted to serve espresso.

I managed to dissasemble the hot water solenoid valve and soaked it in citric acid which did the trick as the machine started to dispense hot water again however the steam valve looks much more complicated and I don't want to damage anything.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
MDL
Barista

Re: No Steam from steam valve

Post by MDL »

I have not done this but I do recall historical threads about the disassembly of the steam valve. If you search I presume that you can find them. The issue was working to remove the rotation that does not open the valve.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If you check the exploded diagram of the steam valve on page 7 of the parts catalog that will probably help more than anything else.

s1v1/S1Pix/La_Spaziale_Parts_Catalog.pdf
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Lav
Macchiato

Post by Lav »

chas, do you have a link to a updated spare parts catalog with the S1VII mini lever valve? The catalog you link to is dated 2004
Cheers,
Steffen

| La Spaziale Vivaldi II + myTimer mod |​ Mahlkönig PEAK and EK43Short | Aillio Bullet R1 roaster| Acaia Lunar scale | ​AeroPress, Bialetti Venus |
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

No, but if you come across one, please send me a copy.
Chas
Hottop P/B
shrewd1
Cappuccino

Post by shrewd1 »

Thanks for the advice guys, there is an historic thread titled Steam Knob Slop Solution which is quite detailed and has clear step by step instructions along with pictures however the pictures does not seem to be loading up any more for some reason.

The steam assembly blow out pictures in the manual seems to be my best bet however I have no idea on how to remove knob let alone which nut opens which valve!

I'll give it a go this weekend, hopefully it'll be a another learning curve and I won't break anything!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

If you can post the link where that thread is located I can "probably" fix the bad links.

Unless the machine is very old, I think they addressed the reason for the original slop in later models. However, it could just be that the nut that holds the knob on has gotten loose.
Chas
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I take that back. The photos in question were posted on an external site that no longer exists and then linked here. That's why it is always best to upload photos directly to the S1Cafe rather than to 3rd party sites.
Chas
Hottop P/B
shrewd1
Cappuccino

Post by shrewd1 »

Many thanks again chas, you're a gentleman.

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”