Mini Vivaldi ii leaking at steam boiler inlet

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Intertim
Freeze Dried

Mini Vivaldi ii leaking at steam boiler inlet

Post by Intertim »

Hey Everyone!

I've been enjoying my Mini Vivaldi ii for a while and recently figured it was time to inspect the steam boiler for scale. I made the mistake of removing the small pressure relief valve on top to look inside, and since then my steam boiler has been leaking like crazy. It leaks a bit out of the pressure relief valve below the copper "cup" that it sits on, despite trying both Teflon tape & liquid thread sealant. It also has begun to hiss regularly, which it didn't do before. A 5 hour vinegar soak of the valve made no difference.

To make matters worse, for some reason the water inlet on top of the boiler is leaking quite a bit every time it refills. As you can see from the photos, there is quite a bit of scale around it so it must have been leaking a bit before, but now it leaks a LOT. I've tried removing it but was only successful in rounding the threads.

Other than these issues, everything works great, but I'm worried about this water leakage and am at a bit of a loss on how to remove the water inlet to replace it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (786.46 KiB) Viewed 14406 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (733.15 KiB) Viewed 14406 times

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”