4 Month Old Dream with a leak :(

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
AlbyAlby

4 Month Old Dream with a leak :(

Post by AlbyAlby »

This morning I woke up to a puddle around my espresso bar. I have managed to remove all the covers to discover where the leak is coming from. Anybody know how to deal with this particular leak? How does the warranty work with ChrisCoffee? Do they simply repair? There's now all this rust build up around the steam boiler and I am afraid of long term issues. I could take apart the boiler and try to clean it but this is a 4 month old unit! Any advice on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Albert
Attachments
9-2-2014 8-57-38 AM.jpg
9-2-2014 8-57-38 AM.jpg (79.12 KiB) Viewed 5253 times
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: 4 Month Old Dream with a leak :(

Post by chas »

Can you tell exactly where on that part the leak is coming from? Depending on your answer the S12Cafe or folks at Chris Coffee might be able to narrow down the cause and show you how to repair it yourself. Otherwise, you'll have to box it up and work with Chris Coffee on returning it for repairs. If there is rust it sounds like a slow leak that is getting worse. Where exactly is the rust?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
goodboyr
Barista

Re: 4 Month Old Dream with a leak :(

Post by goodboyr »

With my original model dream from the first batch I think I experienced pretty well every type of leak. So yes, please send more details and pics and we can help.
Bob
La Spaziale Dream and Baratza Sette 270W

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”