Help with an issue

This forum contains various threads with photos on how to perform various maintenance and repairs on your S1.
Johnlyn

Help with an issue

Post by Johnlyn »

I have been loving my Mini, but I am now have a problem.... Noooooo........!

3 weeks ago, four about 5 days, the preinfusion took 20-25 seconds. I called IDRINKCOFFEE, the place where I bought it but they never called back. The problem appeared to correct itself.

This week, on two occaisions, the machine has turned itself on at times NOT indicated by the timer. To boot, when on at these times it is odd. The on button will be blinking as will the button for the temperature that I have set it for. Only those two buttons.

I have called IDRINKCOFFEE and have spoken to Richard who wil speak to Slavic. But I thouht I would post in the hopes that I could benifit from the collective experience on this site.

Thanks in advance for helping me figure this out.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Help with an issue

Post by chas »

Johnlyn wrote:.

This week, on two occaisions, the machine has turned itself on at times NOT indicated by the timer. To boot, when on at these times it is odd. The on button will be blinking as will the button for the temperature that I have set it for. Only those two buttons.
I have seen this happen on my previous VII and at least a couple of other users have seen the same thing. At least in our cases, it was a turn OFF issue. It seems like a timing issue where if the timer turns off the machine at just the right moment, it does not turn off all the temp display LEDs, so that whatever was on or blinking when the machine goes off stays on or blinking. The On button blinking means the machine is OFF so by definition this can't happen when the machine is turned On. As I recall, if you manually turn on the machine, then turn it back Off the condition clears. None of us ever found a fix for the problem but it happened rarely enough that it wasn't a big issue.

There were some threads where this was discussed a few years back.
http://www.s1cafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... sue#p19636
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Johnlyn

Re: Help with an issue

Post by Johnlyn »

That's interesting. I'll pay attention as to what happens should it reoccur. I think that I was unable to turn it off via buttons and had to unplug it. It has functioned fine after that.

Any ideas on a mysterious week of increased preinfusion time?

Return to “Maintenance and Repair”