More Caffe Fresco Flavors

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
Zzyzx

More Caffe Fresco Flavors

Post by Zzyzx »

As some of you may know, I won a year subscription to Caffe Fresco from home-barista. I'm also a home roaster for the past 7 years. I tell you what, if anything is going to make me stop home roasting it's going to be Caffe Fresco. So far, I have tried 3 different blends:
Ambrosia
Bello
Daterra
All of them have been outstanding! It looks like the consistency and lighter color of Hershey's syrup coming out of the portafilter. The taste is always smooth and flavorful.

To tell you the truth, I thought winning the coffee was just going to mean less roasting for a year, now it has really changed my mind on the whole art of roasting. Tony did give me a couple of clues on his roasting technique; he uses a Diedrich IRC-7 drum roaster, and uses it totally manually. He warms the green beans before hitting the flame.

Anyway, if anyone is looking to try out a micro roaster, I would recommend Caffe Fresco.
RobertD

Post by RobertD »

Based on your earlier post, I tried the Ambrosia. You were right. Makes great milk drinks and americanos. I'll try the other beans soon. I am still looking for great organics, other than Intelligentia, which is very good. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”