new black cat coffees

Discussion of various types and blends of commercially available pre-roasted beans, their best sources, prices, their respective merits, and the Vivaldi settings required to optimism flavor.
michael
God Shot

new black cat coffees

Post by michael »

has anyone tried any of the new black cate espressos sold in 1/2 lbs 8)
Endo

Re: new black cat coffees

Post by Endo »

michael wrote:has anyone tried any of the new black cat espressos sold in 1/2 lbs 8)
Yes. Is there another question that goes with this one. :?:
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

did you like the coffees; how did they compare to the regular black cat or the organic black cat; were the temperature and brewing instructions on point etc. i was asking about the sumatra, lake tawar, the finca santa teresa and la maravilla, guatemala 8)
jpreiser
Americano

Post by jpreiser »

I'm finishing up the second pound of the classic BC I bought last month to break in the new machine.

I'm dosing about 16g and extracting at 95C with 3sec of preinfusion (from a FloJet set to about 30psi). My beans have peaked so they are better suited to Americanos now but I was getting mostly chocolate, a little fruit and sometimes tobacco when they were fresher.

[Edit: I just saw that Intelligentsia has released new coffees under the Black Cat brand. Please ignore the above.]
Vivaldi S1V2, Macap MXA
Bunn BTX, CCD, Chemex, Aeropress, Baratza Virtuoso
Gene Cafe
fiddlefly

Post by fiddlefly »

I am starting to get quite turned off by B-C ... You never know what you are gonna get... but then again I should read about what it is exactly they are doing, The project of crafting the perfect espresso blend...?
As far as Im concerned its all ups and downs...
I loved Kid Oh's, now it does not exist anymore or it is replaced by B-C organic... Im lost
But then since this taste thing is pretty subjective, it only is me...
I always thought it went (B-C) well with milk

Return to “Pre-Roasted Beans”