Intelligentsia SOs

Discussion of the merits of various green beans, where to obtain them, and how best to roast them.
Endo

Intelligentsia SOs

Post by Endo »

I was stuck for a week with a bad choice of locally roasted coffee again. I hate it when the guy swears it's 1 week old and when you get it home you pull a thin, tasteless shot with no crema and you KNOW it's more like 2 months old. Anyway, just another spot to write off my list I guess.

Luckily, we have a great spot I can always rely on called "Caffe in Gamba" just a bit further away that has fresh 1 week old beans from many of the best 3rd wave roasters.

This weekend, I picked up a fresh batch of 1 week old Intelligentsia La Tortuga from Honduras. Wow. The bag is now marked with a green sticker when the SO is in season. I am currently OD-ing on this espresso. Such a creamy mouthfeel like zesty orange butterscotch. I'm on shot #5 this morning. :shock:

The Black Cat may not be as good as it used to be, but they have some great other choices as of late. Definitely worth experimenting.
oton

Re: Intelligentsia SOs

Post by oton »

Don't you have a Behmor? So why do you buy roasted -and sometimes stale- coffee?
Endo

Post by Endo »

I ran out of green beans. :cry:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Endo wrote:I ran out of green beans. :cry:
No excuse for that with all the great new crops rolling in. I get most of my greens from Sweet Marias, any good suppliers in the frozen north land? Currently I've got close to 60lbs of greens vac bagged & frozen. Started roasting some of the new Kenyans yesterday.
michael
God Shot

Post by michael »

try the black cat so bolivian; super 8)
Endo

Post by Endo »

michael wrote:try the black cat so bolivian; super 8)
I want to try the Bolivian but they were out. :cry:

Here's where I got my green beans from in Montreal last time. They've been around for over 30 years. Shipping is free in Quebec and Ontario too.

http://www.terracaf.ca/en/produits/inde ... famille=16

They seem to have a good choice and some special stuff as well.

Gotta get some more!

Return to “Green Beans & Their Roasting”