How discernible in the cup is a grinder upgrade?

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
Pryz

How discernible in the cup is a grinder upgrade?

Post by Pryz »

I'm sure this had been thoroughly discussed here (or maybe just H-B), but I ordered an SJ last night from Chris Coffee as an upgrade to my Rocky and want to know if I am really going to taste it in the cup. Sorry if this is redundant, but the board has been a little slow lately and thought I would try to spark some discussion.

Also, if anyone knows how bad Canada Revenue is going to hit me at the border I would appreciate the info.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: How discernible in the cup is a grinder upgrade?

Post by chas »

You'll notice the improvement. Also, the grind time will amaze you. It only takes about 4s to grind enough coffee for a double. Plus it's easier to disassemble when you need to clean the burrs.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Pryz

Post by Pryz »

That's good. Never really enjoyed taking Rocky apart.
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

Pryz wrote:I'm sure this had been thoroughly discussed here (or maybe just H-B), but I ordered an SJ last night from Chris Coffee as an upgrade to my Rocky and want to know if I am really going to taste it in the cup. Sorry if this is redundant, but the board has been a little slow lately and thought I would try to spark some discussion.

Also, if anyone knows how bad Canada Revenue is going to hit me at the border I would appreciate the info.
Well, how was the SJ upgrade?

Return to “Coffee Grinders”