Mahlkonig K30 Vario and the Vivaldi II. Good Match?

Discussion of coffee grinder hardware. How to get the most out of specific grinders. Cleaning and maintenance issues with grinders. Comparison of different grinders.
JonF

Mahlkonig K30 Vario and the Vivaldi II. Good Match?

Post by JonF »

Greetings again! I have been enjoying my Vivaldi II for over a year now. My Baratza vario, however, has become really finicky. It just will not grind consistently. Same beans, same humidity, etc., but it's like the fine lever effect is just too variable. I have cleaned, disassembled, calibrated, etc., and am ready to upgrade.

Realistically, there are size considerations. I am not going to fit in a Robour, for example!

I do not live in a location where I can see, much less try, a high end grinder, so rely on reading a lot of reviews and watching quite a few videos. After spending a lot of time, I am really interested in the Mahlkonig K30 Vario. I see there were a few fans a year or two ago here too.

For those that have used this, how do (or did) you like it? Also, did the smaller size of our portafilters cause any extra problems or mess? A Mazzer Super Jolly E is another good possibility.

Thanks!

Trying out a new camera . . .
MichaelS

Re: Mahlkonig K30 Vario and the Vivaldi II. Good Match?

Post by MichaelS »

I picked up this very grinder about 5 weeks ago and LOVE it. yes, the smaller v baskets are a little messier than a proper 61 would be, but it's not any messier than the vario was with its spraying already (I used the porta filter holder on my B vario).

It's fast (1.9/3.9s for a single/double), fluffy, and dang consistent. My coffee improved markedly.

michael
JonF

Re: Mahlkonig K30 Vario and the Vivaldi II. Good Match?

Post by JonF »

MichaelS wrote:I picked up this very grinder about 5 weeks ago and LOVE it. yes, the smaller v baskets are a little messier than a proper 61 would be, but it's not any messier than the vario was with its spraying already (I used the porta filter holder on my B vario).

It's fast (1.9/3.9s for a single/double), fluffy, and dang consistent. My coffee improved markedly.

michael
Thanks, this is just the type of response I was hoping for!

Return to “Coffee Grinders”