Hottop Repairs

Discussions about roaster hardware and the finer points of their use
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Hottop Repairs

Post by chas »

I have my HT disassembled with most pieces soaking in Cafiza while I replace the heater element and heat sensor. Below are photos of the new and old heater elements showing how badly the old one has sagged. I also noticed that one of the power connectors was barely making contact. I'll let you know later whether this did indeed stop the scraping noises.

Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

:shock:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

All fixed and running a burn-in cycle. No more scraping. Now I just hear the motor. It's certainly not as quiet as 4 years ago and has had a incredible amount of coffee smoke blown through it. But I bet it still has a couple of years left in it.

Anxious to try my first batch to see how much affect in the roast the new element and sensor has.

BTW: It's as painful to get all the covers back on as the S1, maybe worse. I almost had to get the rubber hammer out! :violent1:
Chas
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

It's been quite a while since you've done this maintenance/repairs on the 'ol Hottop...
did the new element change anything?
Did you notice any changes whatsoever?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No change other than no more scraping.
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Hottop Repairs

Post by chas »

chas wrote:I have my HT disassembled with most pieces soaking in Cafiza while I replace the heater element and heat sensor. Below are photos of the new and old heater elements showing how badly the old one has sagged. I also noticed that one of the power connectors was barely making contact. I'll let you know later whether this did indeed stop the scraping noises.

It did!
Chas
Hottop P/B

Return to “Roaster Equipment and Use”