Seconds or Half-Seconds on P/I?

Please keep posts on this forum to topics about the programmable preinfusion option for the VII
yottabit

Seconds or Half-Seconds on P/I?

Post by yottabit »

So I just installed my new S1 V2 yesterday, and Day 1 experience was spectacular (after going through 3 carbide drill bits to get the hole in my granite counter-top for the water line! ;) ).

Today I decided to try P/I. I followed the instructions in the downloadable PDF manual from CC, and set the P/I time for 3 seconds (3 lights). However, it seems it isn't anywhere near 3 seconds. It seems perhaps it's only 1.5 seconds? I saw some talk somewhere about perhaps changing the P/I times to 1/2 second increments so does anyone know if this has been done? Should I be on 6 lights for 3 seconds? Or is my internal clock just running that slow?

Of course I could try setting to 6 lights and see what happens... ;)
Niko

Re: Seconds or Half-Seconds on P/I?

Post by Niko »

I believe its one second for each LED lit.
Not sure if 1/2" is possible :scratch:
My favorite setting is 6" @ 30 psi right now with the coffees I'm currently using.
yottabit

Post by yottabit »

Yup, I was wrong. At 6 lights it was indeed 6". But the 3" setting still seems quite short! I will keep experimenting. :)
Niko

Post by Niko »

Yup, it depends on your water pressure - it can seem too short or too long but it depends on where you have that set.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

It also depends on whether or not you have done a flush which will prime the system for the p/i. If the machine has been idle for awhile there will be no water in the supply line when you hit the button. It will take several seconds for water to reach the grouphead as the pump isn't running, only line pressure. Once primed you should see water immediately after pushing the button. What is your line pressure at the machine?

Return to “Post Installation Discussion on Programmable Preinfusion”