Absolutely Positively Better Consistency!

Please keep posts on this forum to topics about the programmable preinfusion option for the VII
mdreuben

Absolutely Positively Better Consistency!

Post by mdreuben »

Three days and many shots later I'm totally convinced that this is really the way to go. The shots are scarily consistent. Even to the position of the stream as it comes down from the bottomless portafilter. I'm at 30psi and 3 seconds pre-infusion.

Could not be more pleased!
Niko

Re: Absolutely Positively Better Consistency!

Post by Niko »

I'm at 6 seconds at that water pressure and I'm lovin' it.
I guess it depends on the coffee used.
I'd like to try 45psi with 4 seconds but it's too much work to bend over and change the pressure :lol:
Cafesp

Post by Cafesp »

Niko wrote:I'm at 6 seconds at that water pressure and I'm lovin' it.
I guess it depends on the coffee used.
I'd like to try 45psi with 4 seconds but it's too much work to bend over and change the pressure :lol:
Just let You know that You, ALL being watched! :shock:
Always good news to hear from you, all and...
Thanks for keep DRINKING&POSTING :drunken:

Cafesp :alien:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I ran my first shots today since the upgrade with the P/I set to 3 seconds & 25psi flow rate. Dialing in some of the Konga Co-Op Yirga N.I. from Terroir. Too soon to say much as I've never had this Espresso before so can't comment on taste improvements. The pour through the bottomless p/f didn't seem much different then I've been seeing but I'll do some back to back with & without p/i tomorrow to see what differences show up.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Dialing in some Kid-O today with 3 second delay/25psi. Best tasting shots were after I turned off the P/I. Haven't seen any improvement in the pour with p/i either. Just the opposite really. Any thoughts??
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I've had no problem getting 17gr+ of Kid O in the basket so 16gr shouldn't be an issue. Flavors are supposed to be Caramel with a hint of nuts according to their description. I've gotten a nice sweet caramel a couple times but also what tastes like bitterness more often then not after you get past the crema sip. Tried 93*C/15.5g/17g, 92*C 15.5g/16g+, 91*C/15.5g. 92C seemed to be the best but no real consistency so far.

Return to “Post Installation Discussion on Programmable Preinfusion”