Programmable PI - Triple vs Double

Please keep posts on this forum to topics about the programmable preinfusion option for the VII
admin
Site Admin

Programmable PI - Triple vs Double

Post by admin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Not sure whether to file this under Astute Observations or Duh Moments. I had my PI set to 6 seconds and the results were good. Ian had dropped his PI time and remarked that the results were much improved. I did the same and thought the results were worse. This was using my triple basket. Then I switched the double basket and all was fine. So results are similar if you use 3-4 seconds on a double basket or 6 seconds on a triple. Sounds pretty intuitive, I suppose.

Does anyone but Niko have the Programmable PI on order AND have double and triple baskets. We need more data and, when Niko gets his installed, boy we'll have more data! :lol:
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com

Niko
Caffeinus Reappearus

Re: Programmable PI - Triple vs Double

Post by Niko » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:05 pm

That's right...start opening the ports for more bandwidth and begin striping RAID volumes on your computers 'cause the data is arriving :lol:

Did you crank up your incoming water line pressure for the triples? I'm wondering if 45psi and 8 seconds of PI would do the trick or kill the puck? - Of course it wouldn't be like me to start low and ramp up high, the Greek in me overdoes everything :blackeye:
La Spaz VII (with timer) S5 Steam Arm & Passive Pre-Infusion, Mazzer Mini E Type B, MACAP MC4 Doserless,
MACAP Autotamper, 3 Thor tampers, Espro convex & CoffeeLabs tamper.
Scace Device, Alessi steam pitchers, Motta Steam pitcher, etc..

La Spaz S1 S5 Steam Arm w/ progressive preinfusion, Compak K3 Touch Doserless, Espro flat tamp
Hottop P, Behmor, iRoast2 and Gene Cafe

Return to “Post Installation Discussion on Programmable Preinfusion”