The TWINS

Please keep posts on this forum to topics about the programmable preinfusion option for the VII
woodchuck

The TWINS

Post by woodchuck »

Pre and post preinfusion.

Cheers

Ian
twinssmall.jpg
twinssmall.jpg (130.94 KiB) Viewed 15899 times
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: The TWINS

Post by chas »

So they started putting those labels on the chrome front panel next to the pressure gauge rather than hiding them down on the side chassis rails next to the drip tray. That sure is a butt ugly look!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

chas wrote:So they started putting those labels on the chrome front panel next to the pressure gauge rather than hiding them down on the side chassis rails next to the drip tray. That sure is a butt ugly look!

Agreed! Time to get out the hair dryer & relocate that decal. What the hell were they thinking??? :shock:
Niko

Post by Niko »

Remind me not to order a new front panel...

Or better yet, any new VII owners wanna buy a pretty clean "decal-free" front panel for three times the list price? :lol:
- I've got two handy :wink:

edit: make that 3 :thumbleft:
zoey

Post by zoey »

Just FYI: The motorcycle guys remove stickers from their bikes by liberally spraying them with WD40 after warming them with a hairdryer.
Time to get out the hair dryer & relocate that decal.
Yea....relocated to the trash can. :wink:
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

zoey wrote:Just FYI: The motorcycle guys remove stickers from their bikes by liberally spraying them with WD40 after warming them with a hairdryer.
Time to get out the hair dryer & relocate that decal.
Yea....relocated to the trash can. :wink:
Actually there is some useful info on that decal so I was serious about relocating. Aesthetically it belongs inside the drip tray area but maybe that location didn't meet federal regs. The back cover would have been a much better location.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Yeah, those decals have to be in full view for inspection.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Niko wrote:Yeah, those decals have to be in full view for inspection.
Most small appliances(toasters, coffee grinders) have the decal underneath so you only see it when you turn it over.
zoey

Post by zoey »

[Secretly recorded conversation at my house. (We wanted a hidden camera but the kids were using it at the skate park)]

Mr. Inspector: "Hello Mr. Zoey. I'm here to inspect your espresso machine stickers".

Me: "Yes, you will find the machine in the kitchen. It's the one with the side panels still removed from the last time I had a metal shaving problem."

Mr. Inspector: "I'm sorry Mr. Zoey, I don't see any of the official stickers on your machine."

Me: "Oh yea, I thought they were ugly so I removed them."

Mr Inspector: "That's not a good thing Mr. Zoey. I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate your machine."

Me: (Zoey is walking toward the bedroom closet for the MP5. You can only hear his footsteps.....remember......hidden camera.....skate park......) "Yea. Unless you plan on replacing it with a newer machine that is metal-flake-free or a Synesso 3-group, you'll be removing my machine over my dead body."

:lol: :D :lol:
Niko

Post by Niko »

I 'd like to see Mr. Inspector just try and disarm me (I mean take away) my espresso machines!!
I'm so heavily armed - it's not even funny...I have a Krups in each closet and some hidden french presses behind each door :lol:
...and not to mention all the tampers I can throw at 'em!

Actually, I kind of like the stickers - makes the machine look serious and ready for business. :blackeye:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Niko wrote: Actually, I kind of like the stickers - makes the machine look serious and ready for business. :blackeye:
That's just the problem. It's ready for business but we're home users!
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
zoey

Post by zoey »

Oh no, no, no!! I'm not a "Home user". Home users can't use Mazzer's. :wink:
WARNING! This appliance is intended for skilled personnel ONLY. For commercial use, NOT for household use.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I remember that warning with the Mazzer.
Almost wanted to pack it back up and send it back... :roll:

All this preinfusion business has my head spinning, "progressive", "passive". What's next? - Aggressive preinfusion, where you hit the dispense button and the machine's pump fires 20 BARs to destroy the puck and then gently runs 3 BARs to finish it off :lol:
I guess that would be called postfusion and it only adds to the confusion :scratch:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

SO if you add the cylinder to the aggressive preinfusion. do you get passive aggressive preinfusion. Quick - patent that!
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

I've been talking to patent attorney about something else... :scratch:

Return to “Post Installation Discussion on Programmable Preinfusion”