Things to do while waiting for VII to be programmed?

If you want to generally discussion the merits of preinfusion or have any other generic question about preinfusion post it here. Please use the specific Progressive Preinfusion or Programmable Preinfusion forums if your topic specific to those solutions.
fireboss

Things to do while waiting for VII to be programmed?

Post by fireboss »

I am just about to dissect my VII to get it upgraded. I am wondering about some things that could or should be done while I have the machine in pieces anyway? I am thinking along the lines of descaling/cleaning, silencing, insulating, maintenance etc. Any suggestions.

It has been quite sometime since I posted last but love this place. I can't wait to experiment again. I settled down to a steady routine Cappa 1st then Americano for the road, upon return espresso or two. It may seem a shame but all with the same fabulous beans Fratello - Organic Godfather (local roaster- fresh and dated roasts)
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Things to do while waiting for VII to be programmed?

Post by chas »

Whenever I take the covers off I always take the opportunity to give everything a close inspection and cleaning. Normally I'll take a compressed air can and blow out dust and lose debris. Then clean with a sponge any areas that are easy to get to. Look for dried water deposits on the chassis floor to see if there are any indications of leakage or seepage. If you see any signs try to figure out where it's coming from and tighten any loose connections necessary to fix it.

Some have noted that the large capacitor mounted on top of the motor sometimes loosens and touches the motor creating a rattle. Check for this.

Also, check the two spade lug connectors on the top of the steam boiler especially where the wire enters the crimp connection. If there are any signs of melting, burning, or oxidation of the wire, replace it.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Generic Discussions about Pre-infusion”