Initial Set Up

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
jgaepi

Initial Set Up

Post by jgaepi »

I assume this exists somewhere, just help point me in the right direction. Please help with recommended Day One set up.

Clearly as I use the machine I will begin to experiment but my Mini Vivaldi will be my first hands on machine. So it would be helpful to recommend Day One prep.

Start out temperature, grind weight for a single/double/triple shot, water pressure, and other little tips. I am also getting a brand new Mazzer Mini E Type A (up from the Breville Smart Grinder) so any recommendations with this too would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
richardcoffee
God Shot

Re: Initial Set Up

Post by richardcoffee »

Try starting at 93 degrees with 14 grams in a double basket. I seldom go over 15 grams and usually go with 14 to 14.5. But to begin, I recommend 14 grams. Start the machine and let it warm up for an hour and then draw 2 blank shots before drawing your espresso shot. I don't know what you mean by water pressure.
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

Thanks.. My machine arrives today! So never use more than 15g for a double?
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

that's what I do and it works well for me.
tglodjo

Post by tglodjo »

I have consistently used 16.5g at 94 degrees since I got my machine, and I've produced spectacular shots.

Just experiment :)
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

What coffee are you using? I just got some Lovejoy from Clive

Return to “Mini General Q&A”