Mini Vivaldi Arrived Today!

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
trappist

Mini Vivaldi Arrived Today!

Post by trappist »

I ordered a Mini Vivaldi II from Clive Coffee (they're great to work with) back in January, just after the back order began. It finally came today. It has the Clive custom walnut panels and looks beautiful. This is a serious upgrade - been using a Gaggia Evolution with a Silvia steam wand for the past four years. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of the Gaggia, but I'm thrilled to have the Vivaldi. I'm going to continue using my Vario that I've had for a little over a year. I'll post some photos soon. I followed the start up instructions from Chris and also set the single and double shot times and pulled one shot through my bottomless portafilter. It was a little spotty and needs improvement but at least it didn't make a mess! Apart from the instruction manual from La Spaz and the initial start up sheet that Chris Coffee includes, are there any resources I should read or look into to become proficient?

-Thomas
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Mini Vivaldi Arrived Today!

Post by chas »

Mini Manual

If you got the optional timer you should also read this:
Timer Manual
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

trappist wrote:I ordered a Mini Vivaldi II from Clive Coffee (they're great to work with) back in January, just after the back order began. It finally came today. It has the Clive custom walnut panels and looks beautiful. This is a serious upgrade - been using a Gaggia Evolution with a Silvia steam wand for the past four years. I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of the Gaggia, but I'm thrilled to have the Vivaldi. I'm going to continue using my Vario that I've had for a little over a year. I'll post some photos soon. I followed the start up instructions from Chris and also set the single and double shot times and pulled one shot through my bottomless portafilter. It was a little spotty and needs improvement but at least it didn't make a mess! Apart from the instruction manual from La Spaz and the initial start up sheet that Chris Coffee includes, are there any resources I should read or look into to become proficient?

-Thomas
Congrats! I have the same machine on order with the Walnut panels, pre-infusion and timer from Ken at Clive. PLEASE post some pics, I am dying to get mine. I also ordered the Vario grinder. After reading several reviews, it seems the Vario is a wonderful grinder, even when compared to the Mini E. Congrats again!
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

chas wrote:Mini Manual

If you got the optional timer you should also read this:
Timer Manual
Chas, thank you for this information. I will read up on it while waiting for my machine and timer to arrive.
Johnlyn

Post by Johnlyn »

Congrats!!! It's great to see that the "old reliable" mini is still a force out there. I have been loving mine...
Pryz

Post by Pryz »

Got mine a month or so ago. Finally harnessing the steam power! Enjoy!
trappist

Post by trappist »

Yeah, the steam power is serious! Still getting the hang of how fast it goes with about 4-6 oz in a 12 oz pitcher.
expy98

Post by expy98 »

you may want to try blocking off 2 holes with toothpicks, that's what I did for a while until I bought Rocket tip w/ 2 holes.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

That's one advantage of the Dream machines. You can adjust the boiler temperature and thus the amount of steam pressure. I tried 2, 3, and 4 hole even versions of each with different style holes with the original S1 and the V2. The currently shipping 4 hole tip with the smaller holes is still my favorite.
Chas
Hottop P/B
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

And my panels are complete and received ship notice. Can't wait for it to arrive this week!
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

chas wrote:That's one advantage of the Dream machines. You can adjust the boiler temperature and thus the amount of steam pressure. I tried 2, 3, and 4 hole even versions of each with different style holes with the original S1 and the V2. The currently shipping 4 hole tip with the smaller holes is still my favorite.

So, the boiler temp cant be changed on the mini vivaldi?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

cuznvin wrote:
chas wrote:That's one advantage of the Dream machines. You can adjust the boiler temperature and thus the amount of steam pressure. I tried 2, 3, and 4 hole even versions of each with different style holes with the original S1 and the V2. The currently shipping 4 hole tip with the smaller holes is still my favorite.

So, the boiler temp cant be changed on the mini vivaldi?
The steam boiler pressure/temp is fixed. Only the group temp is adjustable.
Chas
Hottop P/B
cuznvin

Post by cuznvin »

Well, thank you for that reply. I dont like that it is fixed. Are they now saying that the Dream is OK for people to buy. I was told to hold off until issues were fixed..
SSgt93

Post by SSgt93 »

I hate the looks of the dream. It's a matte surface instead of a nice shiny chrome, the oversized bezel around the already cheap looking display and the round knob for steam instead of the lever all break the deal for me. To each their own though. My gear will be here Thursday and I will post some pics.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”