Parts

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
wkwan

Parts

Post by wkwan »

Hi all,

Where does everybody get their spare parts from? I'm specifically looking for additional screens (two extra came with my order) and the heavier brass diffuser (which I've had no luck locating).

Thanks in advance
MDL
Barista

Re: Parts

Post by MDL »

I wonder why you feel that it is necessary to have more than the two sets of screens that are provided with the Vivaldi? My machine was purchased in April 2007 and there is absolutely no indication of any need to replace those screens. When I backflush I put in a clean set of screens and then soak the "dirty" set that I removed in Cafiza along with the baskets and portafilter. In that way I always have a "clean" set of screens to install prior to backflushing.

Regarding the diffuser disc I agree that having a second one allows you to swap all three when you Cafiza the screens.

Chris Coffee sells the diffuser and I have not looked for it elsewhere.

Mark
wkwan

Post by wkwan »

You're right about the screens. I'm actually more interested in the diffuser. Thanks for the info.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

CCS is the North American distributor for LaSpaziale. They should be able to provide you with any part you need though they obviously only put the more popular parts on their website. You just need to call.

I also buy some of my parts from Espresso Parts in Olympia, WA. They are good for more generic parts and they carry a wider variety of coffee stuff in general than CCS. Depending on where you live and how large your order is, shipping may be less expensive. Of course for an item like the diffuser disk, CCS may be your only choice.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

To the original poster:

If you would edit your profile to indicate where you are located it would assist others in making suggestions that may be more geographically relevant to you. It also allows others who may be near you to offer assistance which can be very valuable.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”