Malfunctioning water tank level indication

Post general questions about operation of your new Mini here. Due to many similarities with the original VII you should also check the VII forum.
caf4brains

Malfunctioning water tank level indication

Post by caf4brains »

I've had my mini for awhile now and since day one I've had periodic problems with false low water tank level indications. I'd pull the full tank out and futz with the level sensor position and eventually the low level light would go out. Recently my futzing routine failed to clear the low level alarm. I stuck a little disc magnet on the sensor so that I could continue making espresso, but had to remember to check the tank. I called Chris' for some advice and was told that sometimes deposits get behind the float/magnet assembly and shield the sensor. I followed the recommendation for a vinegar water soak to dissolve any deposits, but this didn't solve the problem. Incidentally, there are two tank designs. In the older design which I have, the float is captured in a one-piece cage which is not removable. The new version has a screwed-on top of the cage.

After I called Chris' back with the news and confirmed that I had bought the machine from them, they offered to send me a new tank even though it was well beyond the warrenty period - with no prompting on my part. I only had to return the old tank. A couple of days later I got the new tank which worked perfectly. Am I pleased with Chris' service? Darn right!

eric
Dodger1

Re: Malfunctioning water tank level indication

Post by Dodger1 »

Chris is a stand up guy and goes out of his way to insure that his customers are satisfied, which isn't the case with a lot of retailers these days.
zoey

Post by zoey »

I have never, ever worked with a vendor as good as Chris's. Everyone I've dealt with has been exceptional.
expy98

Post by expy98 »

just another data point...

the magnetic sensor on mine failed, tried to the magnet trick to no avail. Called CCS and
a new sensor is on its way.

Return to “Mini General Q&A”