Standby LED

What would you change about your LaSpaziale espresso machine?
cafewalter

Standby LED

Post by cafewalter »

In standby mode (that is, turned off but still plugged into the wall), the Power LED blinks.

I hate things that blink when they're turned off. Blinking is a way to attract attention, not a way to indicate "you can safely ignore me".

I don't really think there needs to be any indication of "standby" at all. It should suffice for the machine to either be "on" or "off". But if for some reason there just has to be a separate standby visualization, then it should be something less obtrusive. For instance, they could use a bicolor yellow/green LED, turning it to yellow in standby and green when on.
Bud

Post by Bud »

Blinking is a way to attract attention, not a way to indicate "you can safely ignore me". I don't really think there needs to be any indication of "standby" at all.
Agreed. However,

Was thinking about the purpose for the blinking in standby mode, your assertion to
cafewalter

Post by cafewalter »

Bud wrote:In a commercial atmosphere, a forgetful employee forgetting to turn on and warm up the espresso machine in the morning [... or] an angry, Latte depraved spouse.
That's what the timer is for...
Niko

Post by Niko »

The LEDs kinda' get to me too after a while. I wish they had an upgraded front panel board that any current user can purchase that does away with LEDs entirely. Something like the GS3 that lights up with a cool blue light would be really nice but that machine is "overprice city", you get what you pay for (is the saying), with that machine you sure get it allright...in more ways than one.

Return to “Suggested Improvements”