Improvements

What would you change about your LaSpaziale espresso machine?
zak42

Improvements

Post by zak42 »

I'd second the suggestion on the timer,
moving the steam pressure gauge to somewhere easier to see
a group pressure gauge
a 58mm portafilter
a plumbable drip tray
insulated steam boiler
longer steam arm, i find at times i can't get the tip of the steam arm into the bottom of the pitcher, because the top of the pitcher hits the bend where the rubber is.
barjohn

Post by barjohn »

I would concur with everyone of your listed items.
Niko

Post by Niko »

I'd still like to see a kit for the existing S1 owners to upgrade to the dual gauge setup like the VII.
That would mean a new cover as well and I'm willing to throw down for it, I'm sure others would agree and chime in.
pierre

Post by pierre »

Long time listener, first time caller... great show! :D
Niko wrote:I'd still like to see a kit for the existing S1 owners to upgrade to the dual gauge setup like the VII.
That would mean a new cover as well and I'm willing to throw down for it, I'm sure others would agree and chime in.
If this option were available to me, I know I would.
Niko

Post by Niko »

Same here but I started calling back in July.
My account was actually cut off, I had over 110 posts since July and now they're gone so I have to start over. That's OK, I got a big mouth anyway so I need to catch up again.
I joined July 25th so I was one of the unlucky bunch, at least I got my avatar back.
Last edited by Niko on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve96822
God Shot

Post by steve96822 »

Niko wrote:I'd still like to see a kit for the existing S1 owners to upgrade to the dual gauge setup like the VII.

Why not use the same dimension round gauge but a dual guage; steam and brew pressure? You could use the same faceplate, only swap the gauge and do some plumbing
Niko

Post by Niko »

But then it wouldn't look like the Vivaldi II!
Just kidding...

I know there's a round dual manometer available from EPNW.
Chas posted it on another thread. Besides, the square one looks cool with the little Spaziale logo, doesn't mean they can't make a round one for the existing owners of the original S1 as a kit still. I think there's enough users out there interested but it's probably not worth it to them.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Other than lacking the Spaziale logo and being round, that gauge from EP does have the same color scheme and look to the graphics. I think it would look great in an S1.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

OK, here's where LaSpaz taps into the VII for the group pressure gauge. It looks like it would be pretty easy as a Do It Yourself project and not so bad for Chris to kit up either.

This one shows the splitter valve that has water in from the pump then out to the group boiler and the expansion valve. Note that the bottom just has a plain brass cap over it.

The next two photos of the VII show the same valve as above but the cap is replaced by a new cap with a threaded end onto which screws a fitting that connects the pressure gauge copper tube to that valve. You can also see my fan quieting mod. That's another group of posts we lost in the Christmas eve crash!

The final photo shows that much extra copper line is coiled up behind the group boiler. The other end of this line goes to the threaded connection on the left side of the dual manometer.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

"uncap" and "tap", sounds and looks really easy to me.
I saw the poll for this, if anyone else is interested they should go vote "yes" on Propostion S1...

Return to “Suggested Improvements”