Vivaldi in White

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
cafesolo

Vivaldi in White

Post by cafesolo »

I didn't like the boring grey sides on my S1. Here is how it looks with creme white panels.

The light is not that great, but I think it looks very nice. :grin:
Attachments
Vivaldi in creame white.jpg
Vivaldi in creame white.jpg (136.13 KiB) Viewed 14640 times
expy98

Re: Vivaldi in White

Post by expy98 »

brilliant! literally :-). It contrasts w/ the black and complements the buttons and LED indicators very nicely.
Johnlyn

Post by Johnlyn »

very slick!
Zennmaster

Post by Zennmaster »

Very Nice!
stefanolo

Post by stefanolo »

@cafesolo: Looks great! :grin: Did you do the painting yourself or did you leave the panels at a paint shop to get the job done? Please tell us more about how it was done, priming, painting etc. I have a Mini II with black side panels but would like to have red instead. The red panels are quite expensive and I don't know were to get them.
algrilli

Post by algrilli »

I have the same questions. I would love it in a glossy hot red, including the drip tray. I saw the red panels when I purchased it at CCS, and to me the color looked faded, like a child's Fisher Price toy left out in the backyard over several summers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
cafesolo

Post by cafesolo »

I painted the panels myself. I used a plastic spray primer then a primer filler and after a good sanding I sprayed the panels with a top coat. I was doing some boat repairs so I used epoxy based paint. I would recommend trying with a spray on car primer and then a spray top coat.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

algrilli wrote:I have the same questions. I would love it in a glossy hot red, including the drip tray. I saw the red panels when I purchased it at CCS, and to me the color looked faded, like a child's Fisher Price toy left out in the backyard over several summers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Al, I believe you are correct about the red panels made for the S1 and the V2. However, the new Dream red panels are supposedly a shiny fire engine red. Actually I think Chris may have referred to the color as Ferrari red as can be seen in the photo in the upper left corner of the Forum.

As far as I can tell, the Dream side panels are identical relative to how they attach to the machines as the ones currently shipping on the V2s. That is, they got rid of the black plexiglas cup rack bumper and the two rear screw knobs. They use two screws on along the top of the side covers to hold the panels in place in lieu of the screw knobs. So if someone had one of these newer V2s and wanted bright red side panels, purchasing a set of red Dream panels would work IF CCS will sell them separately. Same things with the drip tray. Even if you paint the side panels, you might see if purchasing a red Dream drip tray is possible since painting the drip tray sounds painful. Of course then there is the issue of getting a color match.

I seem to remember someone else painting their panels gray a few years back and documenting the process here on the Forum. Some judicious searching could probably locate that thread though I am guessing that process was not much different than Cafesolo's.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “Pride Page”