Time to get serious

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
badgerbimmer

Time to get serious

Post by badgerbimmer »

After years of using a super automatic, albeit a high end unit, I decided it was time to get serious. My new S1 came last Friday and it has now been 7 days of the best Espresso of my life. A friend, GS3 owner, helped me dial my S1 and grinder, Baratza Vario, in. Didn't take long to turn out some great espresso! Very happy with my purchase after a year or so of research and deliberation. Here is my set up;
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (147 KiB) Viewed 9272 times
Endo

Re: Time to get serious

Post by Endo »

Congrats! Nice setup. I see you have the new Mini Mk 2.2 (embossed version). 8)

Can't say there are many machines that can pump out espressos and lattes as consistantly well as the Vivaldi.

Doesn't compare at all to the "coffee bean soup" that comes from a super-auto...that's for sure!
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Congrats on the whole setup! Complete and coordinated! Very nice!
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
badgerbimmer

Post by badgerbimmer »

Thanks. of course now i am spoiled. We are on vacation. my daughter and i went down to the local Starbucks (what can I say) and had an Americano and a Latte, we looked at each other and made yuck face. What was once ok is now barely tolerable!
jerrycl

Post by jerrycl »

What was once ok is now barely tolerable!
Yes, my thoughts also after having the Vivaldi for 4 months. But it's been a hell of a learning curve to produce consistently good coffees. I have been amazed recently by how much difference a fresh roast makes in comparison to beans of unknown age - there is no comparison. Keeping the beans in sealed containers when you're not using them also seems to make a big difference. I've taken to buying premium blends from boutique roasters around Sydney and have been getting awesome results. Once you start producing really great coffees from the Vivaldi you just cannot go back to the slop that is dished up by most cafes.

Anyway, great set up and good luck.

Return to “Pride Page”