Terra Keramik

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Endo

Terra Keramik

Post by Endo »

OK. I admit, these hand-made Swiss cups are ridiculously expensive at $31 each, but I've always wanted a set and finally decided to spoil myself.

The black and chrome is an easy choice and matches the S1 nicely. If I was a little more daring I would have gone for the orange set. 8)

They look TOTALLY AWESOME under the LED lights during dinner parties.
Terra Keramik Cups
Terra Keramik Cups
IMG_3113 (640x477).jpg (187.64 KiB) Viewed 13605 times
Endo

Re: Terra Keramik

Post by Endo »

Only one problem with these cups....the bottom of the cup and saucer is unpainted and VERY rough (like sandpaper). Scratched up my cup warmer a bit. Now I may have to buy the new cool top. :smile:
oton

Post by oton »

Cool and expensive cups. Do not use the dishwasher, there are some comments about damaged Terra cups.

I have the Black Cat cup range -espresso, cappa, latte, big latte- while I really like the cups for cappa & latte and don't like the espresso cups, the cups are deffective, not perfectly rounded, with an evident deformation.
jbb
God Shot

Post by jbb »

Hi Endo. I'm not biased or anything, but I think your cups totally rock!

Enjoy.
cups.jpg
cups.jpg (123.83 KiB) Viewed 13510 times
Endo

Post by Endo »

Excellent taste ! :lol:

Hey.....your top cover doesn't look scratched at all. :shock: I've stopped storing the Terra cup on top since the bottom is so rough it scratches. And when placed upside down on the chrome cover, you see the ugly, brown cup bottoms.

BTW....you need some super expensive caviar spoons to do the cups justice. :lol:
Caviar Spoon
Caviar Spoon
palette_spoon_caviar.jpg (6.29 KiB) Viewed 13489 times
peter

Post by peter »

I wonder what you could use to smooth the bottoms of the cups. A potter would know, maybe some polishing sand? Would it do the cups injustice to coat the bottom rim with something durable, such as a glaze or outdoor varnish?
Endo

Post by Endo »

I was thinking either using some 600 grid sandpaper, or maybe simply adding felt to the bottom.
jbb
God Shot

Post by jbb »

Endo wrote:your top cover doesn't look scratched at all.
its from 2004 so there are some scratches. the bottom of the cups are rough, but think I'd have to be pretty aggressive to make them scratch.
Endo wrote:BTW....you need some super expensive caviar spoons to do the cups justice
yeah, the spoon is admittedly pretty lame. old baby food spoon. gets the job done however. and I don't use the saucers much anymore, unless (rarely) another espresso lover is in the house. still, the cups are a great touch of elegance; worth every penny in my book.
Endo

Post by Endo »

jbb wrote:....I don't use the saucers much anymore, unless (rarely) another espresso lover is in the house. still, the cups are a great touch of elegance; worth every penny in my book.
I thought I'd use these cups daily, but truth be told, I'm too afraid. Like you, I use them for special occasions (like bringing out the fine china and silverware). For daily use, I use my classic ACF cups.
oton

Post by oton »

Things are made to enjoy... :grin:

I have a set of Eisch Jeunesse whisky glasses

22€ ($31) each. I use them as the default whisky glass.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Not as bad as these wine glasses at $3750 each. :shock:

http://www.opulentitems.com/exotic-gifts.html

Return to “Pride Page”