Shot Mirror

Post photos and descriptions of your S1 V1, S1 V2, and/or S1 Dream coffee set ups here.
Endo

Shot Mirror

Post by Endo »

Stole an old mirror from a compact case in my wife's purse and add a little blu-tack to hold it in place at the right angle. No more sore back! :lol:
Shot Mirror
Shot Mirror
DSC02035_s (480x365).jpg (146.88 KiB) Viewed 10891 times
In Action
In Action
DSC02037 (2) (480x360).jpg (116.16 KiB) Viewed 10896 times
LJCoffeeGuy

Re: Shot Mirror

Post by LJCoffeeGuy »

I've been trying to find a way to do that as well, but include some way to adjust the angle. I, too, am tired of the sore back!

EspressoParts has shot mirrors, but can't see spending that much on it.

http://www.espressoparts.com/cgi-bin/ep ... _id=450915

I'll go raid my wife's drawer for a mirror and report back when I get a prototype. I was thinking of something that was about 3" wide and triangular with an adjustable back. We'll see.....

Darren
Endo

Post by Endo »

The Blu-tack rolled into a cylinder and then stuck full length in the wedge between the mirror and front cover worked surprisingly well. It made the mirror adjustable, but solid enough not to move. And when I feel like removing it, all that's required is a pull. A spray of Simple Green should clean it all off without a trace.

My mirror is a bit on the thin side (about 0.75" x 2.5"). I would say a 1.5" x 3" rectangle would be perfect. The one at EspressoParts is much more expensive and is really made for a bigger machine like a double La Marzocco. It's WAY too big for the Mini.

I love no cost solutions! :bounce:
Last edited by Endo on Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LJCoffeeGuy

Post by LJCoffeeGuy »

No cost is the best cost! Good work.

What bean are you using for the shot? Looks great? We need more videos of extractions on this site! My shots are lacking lately!
Endo

Post by Endo »

It's my own roast. A blend of Papa New Guinea Plantation AA and Brazilian Santos. I've turned into a freshness snob lately and can't seem to stop playing with the Behmor.
caf4brains

Post by caf4brains »

Excellent idea that will cut down on the number of squats I do to see the pour. My knees thank you!

Return to “Pride Page”