Rocket water softener

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
Abnuceals

Rocket water softener

Post by Abnuceals »

No intention to do some crossposting but this topic has not been realy successful on H-B forum.
I'd like to know if someone heard about this product ? http://www.espressotec.com/index.php/ro ... -3072.html It's a little bag full of resin particles that you drop it in the water tank. No need to connect, just drop the bag. It can be used with any brand of espresso machine (with a tank). I suppose this includes the Mini Vivaldi.I don't know if it's more efficient than a regular water filter but it seems trouble-free. Any advice ?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Rocket water softener

Post by chas »

It's got to be incredibly inefficient compared to a normal softener since the water is not forced to flow through the resin.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
richardcoffee
God Shot

Re: Rocket water softener

Post by richardcoffee »

This appears to be the same thing 1st line calls an "osmotic scale reduction pack". We kind of beat this horse in the thread called "Water Treatment" in the section "Mini General - Q & A." You might be interested in the discussion there. In the event, I could never get satisfied that this water treatment was reliable enough to risk my very expensive investment. Finally, I opted for Chris' undersink softener and filter system. I connect it to a dedicated faucet on the sink which I use to fill a pitcher that I then use to fill the tank on my mini. I'm very happy with this system and wish I had started out with it.

Return to “Accessories”