German Dosing Funnel and Tamper

Tampers, Triple Baskets, Bottomless PFs, Temp Measuring Devices, Barista Tools, other Coffee Widgets
Endo

Post by Endo »

Sweet tamper, funnel and base set. Matches the Vivaldi very nicely.........wish I saw it before Christms! :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxlj_82glw8

You can buy it online here:

http://www.tidaka.net/contents/de/d2_es ... fe.html#p4
Endo

Re: German Dosing Funnel and Tamper

Post by Endo »

They have a super nice custom Vivaldi baset and 9mm diffuser disc as well ! :shock:

http://www.tidaka.net/contents/de/d7_Si ... latte.html
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Very nice!
All on the expensive side though!
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
secuspec

Post by secuspec »

But worth it!
Bought both at the last Kaffee-Netz gathering in Mönchengladbach directly from Tidaka. Very heavy and well crafted.

Have a look at the Tamperbell as well - other league but so great to use.
Endo

Post by Endo »

Not criticizing, just noticing:

The guy in the video is definitely in the "nutate, heavy tamp, ristretto" category. (And I thought I was extreme). :lol:
slo
Barista

Post by slo »

Well I will criticize...
I have little issues with the subtle nutation (I nutate a lot more than that) and the very heavy tamp. But spinning while tamping is just not good! I understand that everyone has a different technique and that it can be made to work, but spinning while pressing is just asking for fractures in the puck!!
Of course, if anyone can argue any valid reason to do it I am willing to entertain the discussion.
Just teasing yea!
Happy new year to everyone!!!
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
secuspec

Post by secuspec »

Guys,

Tidaka has created a new Tamper model! It is called the "EPICO".
It should perfectly fit the Spaziale filters.

Not sure if they ship to the U.S.

http://www.tidaka.net/contents/de/d14_t ... opfer.html

I do NOT get anything for this announcement - I am just a very happy user :-)
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

My German's not good enough to know for sure, but it looks like they have a precision basket for up to 17 grams? Boy would I like a precision basket. The baskets I got with my machine are very much imprecisely cut. The holes are off center. Perhaps it makes no difference, but it offends my sensibilities to pay so much for a machine and have a part of it that I look at many times each day be so sloppily done. I would pay for a nicely done precision cut basket.
secuspec

Post by secuspec »

They are out of stock at the moment. Just send your inquiry in english to Tim (Tidaka). I will also try to get hold of them to compare them with my Plus4You baskets. The Astoria Plus4You baskets are pretty okay and should fit the Vivaldi as they have the same diameter.
scareyourpassenger

Post by scareyourpassenger »

richardcoffee wrote:My German's not good enough to know for sure, but it looks like they have a precision basket for up to 17 grams? Boy would I like a precision basket. The baskets I got with my machine are very much imprecisely cut. The holes are off center. Perhaps it makes no difference, but it offends my sensibilities to pay so much for a machine and have a part of it that I look at many times each day be so sloppily done. I would pay for a nicely done precision cut basket.
From the translated version of the page it looks like it is a standard basket but polished to make it easier to clean.
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

I sent an inquiry "auf English" and got this very nice reply,
" Hi Richard,
thanks for your interest in our products. Actually we are working on optimized baskets for the S1. They will be available in about 8-10 weeks. Selling and shipping to the U.S. is possible. I can give you further information when the baskets are available.
greetings from germany,
Tim"
There is always hope.
secuspec

Post by secuspec »

Indeed Tidaka will build precision baskets with a very evenly hole distribution and precise hole diameters.

If they were simply polished standard baskets, you could also very likely use Astoria Plus4you 53,4mm ones that are polished and easy to clean.
The cool thing however is, that the Spaziale precision baskets consequently will very likely fit my Plus4you.

At least all my tampers that I bought for the Spaziale fit perfectly for the Plus4You. The basket diameter seems identical.
richardcoffee
God Shot

Post by richardcoffee »

Are the Plus4You baskets available in the U.S.? I haven't been able to find them.

Return to “Accessories”