Water under the drip tray!

Did you have a bad Day One "Out-of-Box" Experience? Ask about it here then later report back with your final resolution.
Grinderman

Water under the drip tray!

Post by Grinderman »

I've had the machine for little over a month now and the only trouble i've yet to experience is water getting trapped under the drip tray. After a bit of investigating I found out that the tube from the 3-way valve was misplaced aprox 1 inch back which caused water to run next to the drip tray and run out on the kitchen table.

This first picture illustrates the misplacement
Tube misplaced
Tube misplaced
foto 1.JPG (75.48 KiB) Viewed 7603 times
The result is this
Water all over!
Water all over!
foto 2.JPG (116.46 KiB) Viewed 7603 times
The solution was to bend the tubes and allign them. It took a bit of messing around but eventually i got them aligned. Now the tube from the 3-way valve also points directly in the drip tray. And this is the result.
Tube realigned
Tube realigned
foto 3.JPG (75.17 KiB) Viewed 7603 times
Don't know if i'm the only one experiencing this problem, but it's a pretty easy fix. Other than that I absolutely love the machine :grin:
slo
Barista

Re: Water under the drip tray!

Post by slo »

Well done.
I can tell you that I also had to bend the tube a bit to ensure that there was no spill.
You are not alone. And I love the machine too! :grin:
Welcome.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Water under the drip tray!

Post by chas »

On my original S1 I also had to bend the 3-way tube to prevent this. I had a different problem on the V2. LaSpaz had actually made the copper tube too short. Even with it bent as much as possible, the water spraying out from too high above the drip tray got water behind and under the drip tray.

The solution I used was to take a short piece of spare vinyl tube used in my beer brewing hobby and put it over the end of the 3-way pipe to extend its length. Others with the same problem successfully used a short piece of rubber radiator overflow tubing.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII Day One Problems”