Just minor issues...

Did you have a bad Day One "Out-of-Box" Experience? Ask about it here then later report back with your final resolution.
Dan Bollinger

Just minor issues...

Post by Dan Bollinger »

But I'll post them anyway in the interest of feedback.

Hook up was straight forward and the machine came to life and filled the boilers. The group head heated up, but the boiler didn't, not even after the grouphead reached temperature. I waited 20 minutes and the boiler was still cold from its fill water. In the process of trying to figure out what was wrong I turned the machine off and unplugged it. Twenty minutes after turning it back on the boiler came up to heat. I think that the power cycling did the trick. I've run it through its paces except for pulling a shot, which will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

I got the drain kit. Instructions would have been nice, but I figured it out eventually.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Just minor issues...

Post by chas »

If you had gotten instructions, they would have been in Italian.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

Here's my two-month installation follow up. The machine is doing great. I have to remember to turn the machine on after even a 1 second power outage. Luckily, the microwave's clock needs resetting then, too, and it's on the shelf above, making it a good reminder.

No issues with the machine. It is performing flawlessly. I'm learning the programming, which is quite easy. It's much like any machine controller like PIDs. The VII's programming only has one level; most PIDs have three, so it was a shallow learning curve for me.

I've learned the hard way that the drain hose becomes clogged easily. The hose has essentially flat, so has no fall or grade to help. For the short-term I'm cleaning the tray twice a week and wiping out the catch basin, too. I might install taller feet to help with the drain issue.

I've finished my first mod: installing LED likes in the machine and under the overhead shelf.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I had forgotten about the power fail to Off operation of the S1. It will be interesting to see if the Dream changes that behavior. The GS/3 definitely remembers it's last On/Off state through power failures. With the On/Off timer now integrated into the Dream, you would think that the current On/Off state of the internal timer will return the machine to the state it should be in based on the timer programming.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

I found an easy fix for the draining issue. I unscrewed the front two feet on the machine about 1/4". This tilts then whole machine a little and gives the drain line a little bit of slope, just enough to encourage draining. It's not overflowed since I did this two weeks ago.

Return to “VII Day One Problems”