VII arriving Wednesday-Help!

Did you have a bad Day One "Out-of-Box" Experience? Ask about it here then later report back with your final resolution.
gene

VII arriving Wednesday-Help!

Post by gene »

Mary was a jewel this morning. Computer wouldn't correct my order this AM and she did everything by hand.

I'm nervous after reading "slo"'s adventures upon unpacking his. My son is driving from Texas to the Pentagon and will be here Friday eve. Sunday he leaves. I promised him a God Shot Saturday morning. Talk about self-imposed pressure!

I have ordered all the plumbing from Chris Coffee. The only thing I worry about is where I have to tap into a 3/4" cold water inlet. I'm so nervous I'm sweating. Please assure me I can do this thing. There are no local plumbers.

gene

ps: My first post!
Endo

Re: VII arriving Wednesday-Help!

Post by Endo »

Welcome!

Don't worry. With Chris Coffee's great support and all the "brains" on this site that have been through the experience before, you should have no problem.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

CC provides the required Tee connector that goes just above the shut off faucet under the sink. You just unscrew the hose that goes between the shut off valve and cold water faucet and insert the adapter there. Then the JG connector connects off of that tee.

If the hose between your shut off valve and cold water faucet is a flexible hose, I can almost guarantee that you can do the job in 15 minutes or less. Unfortunately, I had a hard copper pipe rather than a flex lines and had to cut out about 3/4" in order to get enough space to fit in the adapter. The copper pipe had a round compression ring that I couldn't get off the old fitting. So I had to take a 45 min break for a trip to the hardware store. Fortunately, that is an extremely common part that any HW store has in stock. Therefore, it took me an hour rather than 15 minutes.

So look under your sink. If you see a flexible hose above the shut-off valve, relax, it will be a piece of cake. Otherwise, you may be in for some hack sawing and a trip to the store worst case.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
BobUSN

Post by BobUSN »

Gene, how did it go? Inquiring minds...

Return to “VII Day One Problems”