Group Recovery Time

Did something go wrong? Ask about it here. Later report and document the resolution here including out of pocket costs for replacement parts.
Niko

Group Recovery Time

Post by Niko »

I posted this before the forum went down a few weeks ago.
My group recovery time seems to be getting worse, I can easily blame this on Winter but this problem suddenly got worse after disconnecting the S1 from the water supply today so I can check the filters.
The pump sounded starved for water even though the water was flowing through the system, I double-checked before reconnecting to make sure. I keep pulling blank double-shots and the recovery time seems really long (50-52" avg.). The normal 95 celsius light blinks immediately after the shot is completed, after about 12 sec the 90 celsius LED just turns off and rest is history - taking a while to get back to the ready 95 LED.

I guess I'm calling tech support tomorrow A.M. since this has just gotten worse all of a sudden. This was happening the last month but just every 5th shot or so.
bbqnut

Post by bbqnut »

I will also post my VII results (93C with 3 ounce blank programmed).

00 sec - Start shot
15 sec - Shot end
16 sec - 93C blinking
17-49 sec - 91C & 92C off & 93C blinking
50 sec - back to solid all the way to 93c

I am sure this is always how it has been. I am also calling Chris' tomorrow just to see if my noise and/or above behavior is normal.
Niko

Post by Niko »

You're awesome!
I'm really glad you posted those numbers - they look very normal to me because that's what my machine used to do.
Even though I have a Vivaldi I, it's really good to see your numbers. This data is very important, it's good to get other people's as well. Not everyone's machine will react exactly like each others but it's good to have an average so if any machine freaks out (like mine), we'll know if it is normal or not.
I had some numbers similar to yours posted before the forum crash so when I get my problems resolved, they'll be posted again.
It's good to know how long a solid working S1 & S1/VII takes from a cold start to warm up, how high the steam boiler pressure reaches and how often and for how long the group element cycles when idle.
bbqnut

Post by bbqnut »

Glad the numbers help. I can already see myself starting to get really nerdy with this thing...
Niko

Post by Niko »

Just wait till I get my Scace and Fluke...
there's going to be temperature war.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Niko wrote:Just wait till I get my Scace and Fluke...
there's going to be temperature war.
Don't delay, order today. :twisted:

I'll send you the Excel template I filled out and posted on the S2 Web Site so we can compare notes!
S1 Cafe Admin
http://www.s1cafe.com
Niko

Post by Niko »

admin wrote: :twisted:

I'll send you the Excel template I filled out and posted on the S2 Web Site so we can compare notes!
Chas,
I think I'm serious about this, after I get my Vivaldi II (by early Feb?) I'm getting the Scace.
One reason alone: I am so tired of guessing and hopelessy wondering what my brew temps are. With 2 Vivaldi's and a Quick Mill, I'd like to know what the @#% my temps really are on the S1's.
As soon as I get it, I'll PM you about it for the Excel template.
Now I'd like to find a local chop that sells Fluke meters, looks like I might have to order one on-line so far.

Return to “S1 Operational Problems”