Mini water tank - won't seat properly

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
caf4brains

Mini water tank - won't seat properly

Post by caf4brains »

I've had my Mini for a few years and have periodically had problems with the water tank. Sometimes it has leaked, sometimes the level float sticks and most recently the tank has become hard to seat (push in). This has happened before and I've fixed it by adjusting the frame mounting bracket that holds the nipple that goes into the outlet of the water tank. I had read in this forum that Chris' sold a slightly longer nipple, so I ordered it thinking this would help. The nipple arrived and it was easy to install, but the tank was still very hard to push in no matter how the mounting bracket was adjusted. There is a slight mis-match in the level of the nipple and the receiving socket. Solution: a tiny bit of food safe lubricant (also from Chris') and the tank slids into place easily and without any leaks.

By the way, Chris' Coffee supplied the nipple free of charge so I felt that I could return the favor by getting more than just the gasket and lube that I needed so I bought a new pitcher. Getting some beans get me free shipping so I'm pretty happy....
Endo

Re: Mini water tank - won't seat properly

Post by Endo »

Maybe your frame alignment is out? Glad you found a solution.
richardcoffee
God Shot

Re: Mini water tank - won't seat properly

Post by richardcoffee »

This is the issue that caused me to burn up the heating element in my steam boiler. Luckily it was still under warranty. From the time the machine was new I had to pay special attention to getting the water tank in. I tried lubrication. I replaced the o-ring. At least I stopped the leaking. If someone is having trouble getting the water tank in or with leaking, it's a problem shouldn't be taken lightly.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”