no more sink trips

Tips and Tricks you have discovered with your S1, VII, Mini-VII, Dream, or Dream T that lets you do any aspect of coffee making, steaming, maintenance, etc better.
roknee

no more sink trips

Post by roknee »

progress!
1. getting taller 8cm spaz feet with 10mm thread, will have an engineer rethread to 6mm and slap em under her.
2. got my drain hose hooked up today. 19mm reinforced hose, elbow and plumbers tape, drilled hole into drip tray, added some silicon tubing to the underside of the hole to fit INTO the elbow, clamped the hose to the base of the machine with rivets, drain hose out the splashback down into an external drain. i needed the drip tray to be removable to access the internals and also for an occasional clean up.
no leaks at all, until i drew HEAPS of hot water from the hot water spigot, then some overflow, but for normal operating conditions, it is simply leak free and im a happier camper.

aaron
Attachments
P1030356.JPG
P1030356.JPG (16.69 KiB) Viewed 7651 times
P1030352.JPG
P1030352.JPG (17.02 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
P1030351.JPG
P1030351.JPG (23.04 KiB) Viewed 7651 times
JohnB

Re: no more sink trips

Post by JohnB »

Looks good, be advised that when you use 6mm studs with tall feet/legs you need to install them so that the width of the leg or at least a good portion of it is right up against the bottom of the machine. That protrusion where the stud threads into the machine bottom should recess into the top of your leg assy so the width of the leg or at least a good part of it carries the weight. If not you will find that the Vivaldi will sway on the tall legs as the 6mm stud is too narrow to support that much weight & hold it rigid.

I welded a nut to the top of my adjustable legs that was wide enough to support the base & also had a large enough id to allow the threaded insert to sit inside. Also keep in mind that the top of your feet have to fit in the existing cut out to clear the side cover if they are going to fit snuggly. This was another reason I added the nut as it serves as a spacer between the body & leg as well as a support.
tall foot.jpg
tall foot.jpg (51.11 KiB) Viewed 7633 times
roknee

Post by roknee »

hey john
thanks for the tip re the feet. i'll see what the legs are like when i grab em. maybe ill be able to shave off some of the perimiter of the top of the legs to create what you created with the nut. i did worry about having tall legs on only a 6mm thread.
ill let you know.
WHY DONT LA SPAZ MAKE THE VIV WITH A 10MM THREAD LIKE ALL OTHER COMMERCIALS....?
its funny, this spaz being commercial and all, but with no direct ability to drain it properly (not standard taller feet or decent drip tray solution)
but otherwise i like her very much i do
roknee

Post by roknee »

progress!
got my hands on spaz feet with 10mm threads had them tapped and drilled to accept 6mm thread and now all is AWESOME!! nice and sturdy too :grin:

Return to “Tips & Tricks”