Steam Valve in Vivaldi

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
milnerb1

Steam Valve in Vivaldi

Post by milnerb1 »

I am upgrading from an Isomac Tea to a Vivaldi II, having just ordered from Chriscoffee.

I am curious as to the quality and longevity of the steam valve in the Vivaldi. Does it seal well and does it drip? Has there been any issues with its longevity under persistent daily use?

Why the question? One problem that I encountered with my Tea was that the steam and hot water valves would start leaking after about a year of use. This was due to the design in which it sealed via a teflon tip that seated against a pipe when the valve was closed. The teflon tip notorioulsy wore out, allowing a tiny stream of steam/water to escape. It was a real annoyance :x given the fact that these valves are $40 each and you had to replace the whole steam valve rather than just the stem with the teflon tip.

I'm just trying to determine whether this might also be an issue in the Vivaldi, or if there is a different design that prevents this problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
JohnB

Re: Steam Valve in Vivaldi

Post by JohnB »

In the 7 months I've been on the forum I never heard anyone complain about that problem.
boldstep

Post by boldstep »

I agree. I haven't heard of this being a problem (personally or otherwise)...
milnerb1

Post by milnerb1 »

Thanks very much for the confirmation.

Return to “VII General Q&A”