Help with diffusion screens

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
bluesman13

Help with diffusion screens

Post by bluesman13 »

I need some help. I removed the diffusion screen today and can't remember which side goes up.

Here are the choices:

A.

or

B.

Sorry about the crappy pics, but you get the idea...

thanks,
Steve
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

B goes up (I mean in contact with group).
Do a little search, you will find a thread about the configuration of the screens and how to easily match them (with hands not memory :D ) together.
Richard

Post by Richard »

coffeeowl wrote:B goes up (I mean in contact with group).
Either that's bass ackward or my setup is incorrect. Can someone else confirm this?
Weska

Post by Weska »

I say it's A that goes into contact with the grouphead. However, I'm not looking at mine to verify this. Too lazy to drop it out for the second time today. (First time was for its weekly detergent soak.)

No matter what any of us says, there is one infallible way to know: your largest diffusion screen will fit nicely only over the end it shoud attach to. That end then is the one that must be down, facing the portafilter and cup during brewing.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Weska wrote:I say it's A that goes into contact with the grouphead. However, I'm not looking at mine to verify this. Too lazy to drop it out for the second time today. (First time was for its weekly detergent soak.)

No matter what any of us says, there is one infallible way to know: your largest diffusion screen will fit nicely only over the end it shoud attach to. That end then is the one that must be down, facing the portafilter and cup during brewing.
Exactly! A goes up as the large screen fits over the B side. Confirmed by an on site inspection. (Screens needed cleaning anyways)
Richard

Post by Richard »

JohnB wrote:Exactly! A goes up as the large screen fits over the B side. Confirmed by an on site inspection. (Screens needed cleaning anyways)
So we have a lot of clean machines today, mine included. :)
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

I can't believe it - I actually went to my machine, unscrewed them and then came back to computer to write the reply :shock: I'm sorry for misinforming you :oops:
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

coffeeowl wrote:I can't believe it - I actually went to my machine, unscrewed them and then came back to computer to write the reply :shock: I'm sorry for misinforming you :oops:
Pawel,

no apology needed. thanks for answering. and thanks to everyone else who responded. I appreciate all the help.

Steve

Return to “VII General Q&A”