Does your VII hot water tap sputter?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
bluesman13

Does your VII hot water tap sputter?

Post by bluesman13 »

mine does. Is that normal?
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

Mine certainly sputters and I have just presumed that it was normal since the water is superheated in the boiler. This is the reason that the GS3 mixes water for the water tap so that you can control the temperature that you get out; now, this is not enough to make me want to spend $7500 on a GS3...
Mark
bbqnut

Post by bbqnut »

Can you post a video with audio?

I know mine had a certain sound, but not sure if I would classify it as sputtering.

My only concern is hard water deposit causing the noise.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

You are releasing a combination of steam & water so I would certainly expect some sputtering until the steam tapers off.
coffeeowl

Post by coffeeowl »

Mine does, yet it's a nearby-cup distance (I just hold the cup handle with my hand to verify it).
Weska

Post by Weska »

Yes, mine sputters, and then settles down to a bubbly stream something like an aerated faucet's flow after a few seconds. Finally, it weakens as the steam that pushes the water out fades.
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

bbqnut wrote:Can you post a video with audio?
who do you think I am, Niko?? :D :D :D :D

Sorry, bbqnut, but I don't have a video camera...

Steve
Niko

Post by Niko »

MDL wrote:This is the reason that the GS3 mixes water for the water tap so that you can control the temperature that you get out; now, this is not enough to make me want to spend $7500 on a GS3...
Mark
I heard that the GS3 water tap doesn't even work, yet. :lol:

...they'll eventually fix it on the next firmware update after they rearrange the hard drives after they fix the video card problem which is related to the eSATA controller card issue and so on...
bbqnut

Post by bbqnut »

bluesman13 wrote:
bbqnut wrote:Can you post a video with audio?
who do you think I am, Niko?? :D :D :D :D

Sorry, bbqnut, but I don't have a video camera...

Steve
Most little point and shoot cameras have a video function, and there is YouTube, but just a thought...
Niko

Post by Niko »

I'd like to see the video too. :P

For the record, both my Vivaldis sputter.
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

Niko wrote:
MDL wrote:This is the reason that the GS3 mixes water for the water tap so that you can control the temperature that you get out; now, this is not enough to make me want to spend $7500 on a GS3...
Mark
I heard that the GS3 water tap doesn't even work, yet. :lol:

...they'll eventually fix it on the next firmware update after they rearrange the hard drives after they fix the video card problem which is related to the eSATA controller card issue and so on...
I'm not sure what thread this is from, but I think Niko didn't have his morning espresso yet - but I'll add to the thread hijack anyway :lol: :lol:

What boggles my mind about the GS/3 is the cost, the fact that it's a new product and so many people are buying it for $7500 smackers. I agree it's a beautiful looking machine but if it was me and I had the money, I would wait a while until some of the bugs get worked out. Since I don't have the money, I'll stick with my VII and it's sputtering hot water tap.

bbqnut, you're right, my dig camera does have a video function. I'll try it tonight.

Steve
Niko

Post by Niko »

I was just joking around about the GS3, it does have its software problems but I'm sure they'll work it out soon. I did read somewhere that the hot water tap doesn't work yet - maybe they've fixed it by now.
The machine is a technical wonder that is years ahead of the competition hence the steep sticker price.
You get what you pay for.
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

ok, I think I did it.

try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdJdSpeWJs

Maybe now I can my own section in the forum for my videos! :D :D :D
Niko

Post by Niko »

Nice!
I also have a video showing the water tap in action.
You should post this link in the video section, it's not just for my stuff - feel free to post it in there and we'll organize it once we get more videos going.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReRpanA75ps
PBL
Espresso

Spluttering

Post by PBL »

Nice videos. Mine sounds just like Niko's video. :D
zoey

Post by zoey »

My Mini sputters even more than the one in the video.
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

Niko wrote:Nice!
I also have a video showing the water tap in action.
You should post this link in the video section, it's not just for my stuff - feel free to post it in there and we'll organize it once we get more videos going.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReRpanA75ps
It does say "NIKO'S Video Villa" not Steve's Video Villa! :twisted: :P :P :P

Return to “VII General Q&A”