Moving to Europe (110V to 220V)

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Sharp
Americano

Moving to Europe (110V to 220V)

Post by Sharp »

Good day,

I am an happy owner on a Mini Vivalvi II (for almost 5 years now!), however I am planning to move to Europe by the end of this year. I would be damn sad to sell my S1 *and* to buy another one over there.

To go straight to the point, I am wondering if there are parts that can be bought to "mod" or "convert" the Mini Vivaldi II from 110V 60hz to 220V 50hz. I would definitely prefer to buy original parts (from the European model?) to mod it, rather than running it with a power converter.

I did search on the internet and here, with a very limited success. However on the Spaziale website, they mention that the Mini Vivalvi II runs 110-220V 50-60Hz. The plate on my machine only states 110V/60Hz. I sent an email to Spaziale about it, but they haven't answered.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on this?

Same question apply for my Mini Mazzer (and - but off topic - to my kitchenaid mixer & Yamaha RX-V2600!).

Thanks for your comments!

BR

Philippe
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Moving to Europe (110V to 220V)

Post by chas »

You'd best sell it and buy a 220V machine when you get there. Check out the parts manual s1v2/V2%20Manuals/RICAMBI%20S1%20NEW.pdf. You will see that every electronic part in the machine has a 110V and a 220V variant.

To retrofit the machine you'd need to replace (at least) :
- power cord
- fuse
- motor
- both boiler elements
- all three solenoid valves
- both triac boards
- controller board
- wiring harness

By the time you have purchased these parts at retail, you are probably up to what your machine is worth.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Sharp
Americano

Post by Sharp »

Crap, I was expecting at worst a power supply and an electronic board -- and thats it! (plus the powercord indeed)

For the Kitchenaid mixer, i found a website that mention just 3 parts.
MDL
Barista

Post by MDL »

Why are you opposed to simply using a transformer to get you down to 110V? The cycle difference is of no import on these appliances.
Sharp
Americano

Post by Sharp »

I thought about it, but with high amps (1200W), these arent working so well. That is my last option actually. But if it would have been easy to convert/mod the S1MV2, i would have gone for it!

I will keep you posted for the development and/or if I find anything else about it!

Return to “VII General Q&A”