New machine pump problem

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
Brom

New machine pump problem

Post by Brom »

First posting! Just got my mini Vivaldi out of the box yesterday but cannot make coffee! The machine switched on OK, the pump drew water from the tank into the boiler, the group head heated up and the boiler heated up. The steam wand is working and the hot water tap is working. But when I press the one cup or two cup button the switches feel dead, the pump does not start, no water comes through the group head- the temperature lights flash once, first the green group then the Amber group followed by one flash of the boiler red light. Nothing else happens.

I have tried the method for setting the water dose as described in the manual- again, there is no switch on from the pump and the lights flash as described above.

I cannot see an alarm that fits this description and I am stuck! What am I missing or have I got a faulty machine? Any advice greatly appreciated!
Brom

Re: New machine pump problem

Post by Brom »

I found the answer to this problem in the last FAQ on this website- the optional timer switch needed resetting to "off". All is well now- coffee at last!
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: New machine pump problem

Post by chas »

It seems that the distributor likes to test these machines with the timer installed, then when they remove the timer after testing, they occasionally forget to put the switch back in the correct position. It happens infrequently enough that I often forget the symptoms by the next time someone has the issue!

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “VII General Q&A”