Shot timings

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
nod1
Latte

Shot timings

Post by nod1 »

Hi I know I have already asked this in a roundabout way but I wanted to know how long people extract for if you have mechanical pre-infusion fitted. I am currently trying 30 seconds (including any Preinfusion time) but I emailed Chris coffee and they said you should add not time for preinfusion I.e. I should just aim for my usual 27 seconds. What do people think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Re: Shot timings

Post by rhinoevans »

I add about 5 sec. Although I have been having timing issues because of my grinder. Replaced the burr gears in my Rocky and for some reason my finest setting, just befor the burrs touch and clatter, I can just get a 25-30 shot. Not sure what is going on. Going to put old burrs back in this weekend to see if that makes a difference
nod1
Latte

Post by nod1 »

Sorry to hear of your grinder problems - sounds frustrating. You add about 5 seconds to what time?. If you grinder was working perfectly and you could chose your exact extraction time what would it be?

rhinoevans
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by rhinoevans »

25-30 sec
nod1
Latte

Shot timings

Post by nod1 »

Thanks rhino.. I have dropped down to these timings and am getting much better results. Thanks for the advice.

Return to “VII General Q&A”