Temperature Adjustment

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
bluesman13

Temperature Adjustment

Post by bluesman13 »

Hey everyone!

I own a pre-2008 Vivaldi II (pre pre-infusion model). I want to set the temperature to 200 degrees F but the closest temperature available is 93C which converts to 199.4F. Is there any way to adjust the Spaz to 200 ?

thanks,
Steve
Pryz

Re: Temperature Adjustment

Post by Pryz »

Not an expert, but I am pretty sure that 0.6 degrees fahrenheit won't make a difference in the cup.
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

agreed, but between 93C and 94C is 1.8 degrees. I'm not an expert either, but that may make a difference.....
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

The temperature sensor you have on your machine is only accurate to +-1C so trying to get closer than 1C is a losing battle.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
peter

Post by peter »

bluesman13 wrote:agreed, but between 93C and 94C is 1.8 degrees. I'm not an expert either, but that may make a difference.....
So what happens to the taste of the shots when you go up to 94C? And, which coffees are better at 93C, 94C, 95C?
bluesman13

Post by bluesman13 »

chas wrote:The temperature sensor you have on your machine is only accurate to +-1C so trying to get closer than 1C is a losing battle.
thanks, Chas, thanks what I was wondering....

Steve

Return to “VII General Q&A”