How do I plumb this thing?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
MonkeyK

How do I plumb this thing?

Post by MonkeyK »

I just got a used machine and want to test it but I can't figure out how to plumb it. I have a steel braded tube that is connected to the pump, but I can't find anything at my local hardware stored to attach the other side to anything. The guy at home depot said that it might be metric and my best bet would be to go to a plumbing supply store to get it fitted. I'd rather test it this weekend if I can.

--I just looked at chriscoffee.com
Looks like what I need is 1/4" BSPP - 3/8" male flare adapter (http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/hom ... 8maleflare), but I have no idea where to find that in the Twin Cities this weekend

I am somewhat tempted to get some 1/2" polyethylene tubing and just screw that into the female terminator of the steel braided water line. I don't really need this to work perfectly, just enough to test the machine out. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
MonkeyK

Re: How do I plumb this thing?

Post by MonkeyK »

OK, to test, I decided to just run it off of a bucket. My new used VII is heating up now.
Dan Bollinger

Re: How do I plumb this thing?

Post by Dan Bollinger »

My new VII came with a braided tube ending in a 3/8" John Guest fitting. That's the push-lock fitting for waterline tubing. If your water supply isn't 3/8" tubing, then remove the John Guest fitting. The fitting on the end of my braided line looks like it is 3/8" compression. That's a VERY common connection for kitchen and bath sink supply lines and is often provided on under-counter shut off valves in homes. You can also buy a 3/8" compression adapter fitting, discard the nut and ferrule, and screw the braided line directly to it.

Return to “VII General Q&A”