VII and drain tube goes where?

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
zedex
God Shot

VII and drain tube goes where?

Post by zedex »

Hi.New guy with first question. I ordered a v2 a while back from CC and have yet to recieve it but am going through the install in my mind. When i install the drain tube to the tray where does the tube end up? Tell me you dont run it over the counter into the sink? :shock: Is there a fitting that adapts to the drain trap under the sink? I will fab up my own drain tube coming from the plastic tray but where to plumb it to? I have searched it online and have seen many threads regarding the tray, the fittings on the tray, the leaking fittings on the tray, removing the tube from the tray etc etc etc but nothing on where the actual drain tube ends up.
slo
Barista

Re: VII and drain tube goes where?

Post by slo »

Hello Zedex.
The drain tube will end up where you want it to end up.... I know that this is not the answer that you are looking for... :mrgreen:
The only suggestion that I can give you is to connect to the dishwasher drain tube.
Any hardware store will sell you a fitting to be installed on the sink drain to connect the dishwasher. I have rigged mine to allow both the dishwater and the Vivaldi drain lines.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
zedex
God Shot

Post by zedex »

Thanks. Thattle work. :grin:
Dan Bollinger

Post by Dan Bollinger »

I don't have a drain line nearby, so I put in a 1/2" plastic line behind the counter, through the floor, and into the utility room below. The tubing drains into the same drain the water conditioner uses.

Return to “VII General Q&A”