Brew pressure gauge acts much different on VII than Vi

If you have a question or comment specific to the VII that doesn't fit in any other VII category, submit it here.
LJCoffeeGuy

Brew pressure gauge acts much different on VII than Vi

Post by LJCoffeeGuy »

Hi all. I started off with an S1 V1 back in Jan 09, updated it to a dual pressure gauge, sold it an got a V2 in March 09. I've been pretty happy with the V2 and it's definitely time to take it apart to check the boilers for scale, etc.

I've been experimenting with several factors to try to improve shots, such as the programmable p/i versus none and water line pressure. But, something came to mind about my old S1 V1 machine. The S1 V1 with an updated dual gauge had a pressure 'ramp up' from 0 - actual pressure after hitting the brew button, whereas the V2 automatically jumps to the adjusted pressure, even without a portafilter.

Is my V2 pressure gauge faulty, or do all the V2's jump to top brew pressure when you hit the brew button, loaded portafilter or none?

I will be making a portafilter pressure gauge soon to check my unit as I don't think it's accurate.

Oh the memories of refubishing/upgrading the old S1...makes me wish I still had it so I could have two Vivaldis.

Thanks!
Darren
slo
Barista

Re: Brew pressure gauge acts much different on VII than Vi

Post by slo »

I have a VII and my pressure guage jumps up to the presssure setting.

It does not show the pressure at the group head but the pressure capability of the pump.I have no idea how the dual pressure guage retrofit connected on the VI but there could have been a difference in the pressure build up depending on the position of the pressure port.

Hope this helps.
Vivaldi II, Multiple (a collection really) Lever machines
Currently on deck grinders: Mythos and MXKR
Backup grinders: Robur, Major.
Toper Cafemino Electric and Poppery 1 roaster

I have a serious problem ... Can you guess what?
Niko

Post by Niko »

highstrings wrote: Oh the memories of refubishing/upgrading the old S1...makes me wish I still had it so I could have two Vivaldis.
I still have both! :grin:

....in fact, the only thing missing is my 2500+ posts :lol:
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

Welcome back. Is that better?
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
Niko

Post by Niko »

Yeah! 8)

I may be a Caffeinus Dissapearus - no wait....I mean a "Caffeinus Reappearus" :lol:

....but I ain't no S1 Traitor! (yet)

I see you're up to your old tricks, Chas.
Love the old avatar you brought back, I saw it and I just had to reappear.

Return to “VII General Q&A”