wont stop filling tank

If you have a question or comment specific to the S1 that doesn't fit in any other S1 category, submit it here.
aron1253

wont stop filling tank

Post by aron1253 »

Hello all I have a S1 that I have done some work on. All was ok for a few days now the tank keeps filling up. I have looked at all the grounds and all are ok
any help would be nice or just point me in the right way thanks
RobertD

Re: wont stop filling tank

Post by RobertD »

I have been experiencing the same problem. See if your symptoms are similar to mine, as discussed in the "Out of Warranty" section. I just spoke with Tim at Chris's Coffee. I am going to remove the fill probe from the boiler tonight to see if there is calcification or a burnt-looking appearance at the tip. Tim said to gently clean with a brillow pad and see if that works. Evidently when the water reaches the tip it closes a circuit which shuts the water fill off. If the tip is dirty, the water has to work its way further up the probe until closing the circuit.
aron1253

Post by aron1253 »

The one Im working on just wont stop at all. It is like the ground gets lost( not good for me) When I test for ground I have ground at the tank to the ground post. The main thing that is getting me is that it doesnt happen all the time ? I have new probe any help would be cool thanks.

Well a few days later I got the S1 to stop filling found that the board went out and would loose ground thanks for all the help
jeffsec

Post by jeffsec »

Hey Robert,

How did checking the fill probe work out? I need to check mine, but I removed the top small nut and slid the probe out. Is it just a straight piece of metal with 1 wire attached to the top? If so, how do you know how far to slide it back in?

Thanks,
Jeff
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I just noticed an FAQ page on the Chris Coffee site that covers proper removal of the temp probe. Based on those instructions, I think you remove the wrong nut.

http://www.chriscoffee.com/faq#27
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B

Return to “S1 General Q&A”