Vivalidi V1

If you have a question or comment specific to the S1 that doesn't fit in any other S1 category, submit it here.
Kiv

Vivalidi V1

Post by Kiv »

Greetings!

A relative newbie looking for help...

I stumbled upon this forum while browsing chriscoffee.com and must confess, I am blown away by the wealth of information on just La Spaz Vivaldi on this site! After spending a week educating myself on La Spaziale S1 (almost entirely on this site), I purchased one used yesterday. The machine (V1) and the spaziale grinder cost $1100. Judging by what others are saying here, this seems to fall in the "reasonable deal" ball park.

Now I have to learn how to use it well, so here I am with a few questions. Hope you will pardon any of the stupid ones....
  1. Where is the "plate" showing serial#, date of manufacture etc. located?
  2. My 5 year old is Curious George. Is there a way to child-proof the steam knob? Perhaps I should also invest in a no burn wand. Any other child proofing tips will be most appreciated.
  3. I am currently running the machine off of a gallon bottle. A FloJet is on order and should arrive by Wed. There seems to be a bit of a debate on whether a constant positive inline pressure is necessary. Many have pointed out that it makes any difference in the espresso quality since the pump puts out a pre-configured pressure regardless of the inbound pressure. I made the decision to go with the FloJet, however. It doesn't appear that you can go wrong with it (correct me, please if I am being naive). The pieces that should go with the FloJet that I have not looked into are a) Check Valve and b) Accumulator. I have a few questions here - what is an accumulator? What does it look like (could not find any pics)? Who makes it? How does it attach to FloJet? Pictures of your setup will be a great help to look at. Lastly, is the check valve available at your neighborhood hardware store or it it something I would need to order from a specialty place like CC?
  4. The grinder that came with the machine is pretty sturdy and weighs maybe like 25lbs. But I haven't a clue what specific model it is. Nothing listed on the body anywhere. Do any of you own this specific grinder and/or know what this thing is?
Pictures are attached:

Thanks for your help.

Kiv
s1.jpg
s1.jpg (69.44 KiB) Viewed 8563 times
g3.jpg
g3.jpg (45.5 KiB) Viewed 8563 times
g2.jpg
g2.jpg (45.3 KiB) Viewed 8563 times
g1.jpg
g1.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 8563 times
Endo

Re: Vivalidi V1

Post by Endo »

Hey Kiv, Congrats on the new machine!

Answers:

1. S\N is usually on top of the frame on the left side (remove the top cover to see it).
2. Not sure....tape a vegetable to it maybe?
3. Can't answer this one...I have a Mini. Some else?
4. A rebadged Anfim Haus (or Best) made for LaSpaziale I'd say.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

Post by chas »

I was thinking that the serial number, model number, etc. is on a sticker hidden by the drip tray. So if you don't find it where Endo stated, remove the drip tray and look on the inside of the chassis usually hidden by the drip tray.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
MichaelS

Post by MichaelS »

Congratulations. I, too, have purchased a V1 used and it's enroute as I type this. In fact, it's the same red panels as yours - quite a coincidence :)

Great price btw, I paid a bit more for the machine alone - but picked up the Baratza Vario from CC and it will arrive about the same time as the machine, which is being shipped from SoCal.

Michael
Kiv

Post by Kiv »

Endo, Chas and Michael -

Thanks all!

Michael, great! Enjoy the machine and the marvelous coffee it puts out. I am yet to experience the latter, but that is more due to operator incompetence :) Still trying to figure out the correct grind, tamp etc. Frothing milk is another art that will probably elude me for some time to come.

Good luck with your coffee pursuits!

Kiv

Return to “S1 General Q&A”