How sweet it is!

For generic information on making espresso alt.coffee, coffee geek, Sweet Maria's web site and many others excel at this tutorial level of information. However, if you've been there and done that but have specific questions and concerns about getting the best espresso on the S1/VII/Mini-VII/Dream/Dream T, post those topics here.
chas
Vivaldi Dreamer

How sweet it is!

Post by chas »

Based on the beans and roast I prefer, I have settled in to 95C as my favorite temp. Last weekend I spaced out and nearly charbucked a pound of top quality espresso blends from Sweet Marias. At 95C the result was decidely bitter even in a Latte. I dropped the temp down to 92C and the result was excellent.

You've got to love the S1 for making it so easy to make these type of corrections.
Chas
LM GS/3 & LaSpaziale Dream v 1.25 (US 120V)
Mazzer Kony E, Customized Rocky
Hottop P/B
barjohn

Post by barjohn »

I just returned from a trip to Las palmas in the Canary Islands, then Morocco, Spain, Portugal and England. Of course I had to sample espresso everywhere I went. Where in prior trips to Europe I always came back feeling that my home espresso was lacking compared to the espresso I had in Europe I can report that this is no longer the case thanks to my S1! Even my wife said that I make the best espresso!! :lol: I am no longer envious. I went into one cafe and guess what espresso machine they had. The commercial dual groupo LaSpazaile and a large Mazer grinder.

So guys & gals, we have the ability now to make the best with a little practice and skill building. Cheers :D

Return to “Pursuit of the God Shot”